PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the Horus Heresy

Duke Rich
09-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I know this may not be specifically about fluff, but it is in a round about way.

I've almost finished Horus Rising and have False Gods on my desk waiting for when I'm done. After then I'm hoping to pick up Galaxy in Flames, which (I think) is the next in the series chronologically.

After that however, is there really a specific order in which I would benefit from reading them in, for example, once I've finished Galaxy In Flames would it be better to read The Flight of the Eisenstein and then Fulgrim (I say these 2 as I think they were released in that order). Or would it be possible to read, say, Battle for the Abyss?

I say this because around the time I expect to buy and read Galaxy in Flames the next book will be out (The First Heretic) and I personally really like the concept of the Possessed Marines and want to know more about them. So, if I were to read that one (or Nemesis-as this one has been released so people will know more about it) would it spoil any surprises/answer any questions/queries from books before hand? Other than the obvious fact that people went all Chaos.

Hopefully I haven't made this seem to vague, I'm quite tired right now so my concept of the English language may be...lacking :P

P.S: Hopefully one day I'll have all of the books so if someone could post any info towards a rough chronological order would be great!

gwensdad
09-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Publishing order works alight with a few exceptions. You could read both Dark Angels books back to back without ruining anything (as long as it's after Fulgrim) and Tales could be read at almost any time.
Other than those publishing order is best. If you need to figure out publishing order just check the Black Library website.
Not sure if skipping all the way to "The First Heretic" is a good idea this early. Maybe at least get through Battle for the Abyss before skipping that far.

mysterex
09-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Galaxy in Flames and Fulgrim overlap a lot so the order of these two doesn't matter so much. You can also read Legion fairly early, perhaps before these two.