PDA

View Full Version : Night Lords/Konrad Curze

gilbert93dt
09-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Having just read Lord of the Night, my interest in the Night Lords and Konrad Curze has considerably spiked. I am thinking about making a loyal to the Emperor splinter faction made by Curze before the heresy, based on the quote in Lord of the Night saying he had a dual personality in a way (Lexicanium for quote)

So bascially I was wondering if ya'll knew of any other books/online material about the 8th chapter.

david5th
09-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Try Soul Hunter book and the audio books The Dark King / The lightning Tower & Throne of Lies from BL.

Old_Paladin
09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
The old Index Astartes article on the Night Lords is also helpful (if short).

wittdooley
09-10-2010, 09:29 AM
You MUST read Soul Hunter. It's amazing.

miteyheroes
09-11-2010, 06:39 AM
You MUST read Soul Hunter. It's amazing.

"One marine's epic quest to find a functioning glove..."

Soul Hunter is brilliant. Bleak as anything, because it's by ADB, and just brilliant.

pohanew
09-22-2013, 04:10 AM
Having just read Lord of the Night, my interest in the Night Lords and Konrad Curze has considerably spiked. I am thinking about making a loyal to the Emperor splinter faction made by Curze before the heresy, based on the quote in Lord of the Night saying he had a dual personality in a way (Lexicanium for quote)

So bascially I was wondering if ya'll knew of any other books/online material about the 8th chapter.

Its the 8th legion

Katharon
09-22-2013, 05:51 AM
Night Lords are pretty bamf in their way. They certainly deserve a supplement book in correlation with the CSM codex.

Phototoxin
09-22-2013, 06:39 AM
They need their own mini-dex. Though Vulkan did really annoy Konrad... heh heh..

Sitnam
09-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Lord of the Night was an excellent novel IMO, made me a big fan of the NL as well. I hoped to see a continuation of it :/. i'm not sure of where to get more info besides the obvious like the Soul hunter series, havent read a NL story in a while

nathaneal246
09-26-2013, 12:57 PM

The loyal NL thing crossed my mind but I just cant bring myself to do it because they are just twisted and lovable at the same time. If you do it I would probably say that all the marines in said faction would have to be terrans before Nostramo and Curze! Everyone recruited from Nostramo were like rapists, murderers, sadists, etc, etc. I think some of the terrans would of rebelled against this.

SLYTXDEVIL
10-30-2013, 01:12 AM
No doubt, I always thought a "loyal" chapter who popped out of warp space and then was like "we did what?" would be cool. Would all the new codexes support that?

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
10-30-2013, 02:11 AM
I've read some pretty well thought out speculation that the Space Sharks, rather than being derived from mutated Raven Guard, are actually Loyalist Night Lords. Night Lords share the pale skin/black eyes thing with Raven Guard, while the Space Sharks favor relic equipment, brutal close combat, cause Fear and blow up planets they probably shouldn't have; all pretty Night Lord-ish. Probably just rampant speculation, but might be fun to build an army around.

xKonradCurzex
02-09-2014, 02:27 PM
There will also be a new story/novella coming out in the future by ADB called 'Nightfall'. One can only guess where that is going ;)

Baneblade
02-15-2014, 11:36 PM
The Soul Hunter Trilogy is great. You see a full range of Chaos in their dealings. Everyone from each other to the Black Legion and Red Corsairs. Also the relation between Night Haunter and his legion (spoiler they hate each other).