PDA

View Full Version : 1200 Space Wolves

Dominic
09-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Okay, an all round 1200pts list for a coming tourney (which have special missions, relying on you being able to capture 4+ objectives in nearly all of the missions)

HQ

Wolf Lord

Terminator Armour
Frost Blade
Belt of Russ

Elites

x4 Wolf Guard

Terminator Armour (x4)
Thunder Hammers (x2)
Storm Shields (x2)
Wolf Claws (x2 sets)
Drop Pod

Troops

x10 Grey Hunters

Plasmapistol
x2 Plasmaguns
Powerfist
Wolf Standard
Drop Pod

x10 Grey Hunters

Plasmapistol
x2 Plasmaguns
Powerfist
Wolf Standard
Rhino

x5 Grey Hunters

x5 Grey Hunters

Heavy Support

Vindicator

Siege Sheild

Total: 1197

C & C welcome...

lowdog
09-09-2010, 02:23 PM
I would drop the two naked 5 man squads. For the points you can get a squad of long fangs or a pair of landspeeders or a podding dreadnought that will round out your army better. I think you can also drop the plasma pistols, you are already plasma heavy.

Alternately, combine the mini-squads and use the plasma pistol points to round out that squad with special weapons.

Dominic
09-09-2010, 02:50 PM
I would drop the two naked 5 man squads. For the points you can get a squad of long fangs or a pair of landspeeders or a podding dreadnought that will round out your army better. I think you can also drop the plasma pistols, you are already plasma heavy.

Alternately, combine the mini-squads and use the plasma pistol points to round out that squad with special weapons.

The two naked 5-man squads are there just to capture objectives in my own deployment area and not much else, as I've just added to my post I need at least 4 scoring units, so I need something just to sit around and do nothing, hence the lack of upgrades.

Secondly, I like the plasma pistols as being able to fire a plasma shot before assaulting can be useful, although normally I would fire everything and wait to be charged, it doesn't always work like that against some armies, e.g Tau.