Bolt thrower, engineer

Organ Gun

Comments, opinions?

Cheers,
Josh

cypher623
09-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Josh:

Even with all of that formidable firepower your opponent is going to reach your lines and when he does your whole army will get smashed. Under 8th most opponents will be in hand to hand with you as early as turn two and at least by turn three. Two turns of shooting, even with all you have listed is not going to get the job done.

First, the anvil is best used in combination with a unit of miners or rangers; bring the miners on, use the movement ability to charge them in. March the rangers up, use the movement on the throne to charge them in. It is an awesome model, but it really doesn't help your list. Under 8th edition stone-throwers are king and so are flame cannons. No guessing, no partials means you should have grudgethrowers and flamecannons in your list rather than bolt throwers; and cannons. I like the organ gun, place it on the flank and watch the light cavalry get mowed down. Also you should always add engineers to all of your war machine squads, that extra wound is important.

If you are going to run the runesmith with the anvil give him the +1 armor (grimoril) and the rune that gives him a 2+ ward vs shooting. You can use all of his saves vs all wounds made on the anvil.

Quick fix??? Ditch the cannons; and bolt throwers and then add one grudge thrower and a close combat unit. Plain dwarf warriors would be fine, slayers close to the banner bearer would be better. In general balance out your list. In 8th most undead armies will reach your lines by turn two; you have to have something there to fight the bits and pieces that reach your lines.

Folcard
10-02-2010, 07:07 AM
I'm liking the army list but as cypher said theres not enough mellee power to kill the enemy when they get to your lines, warriors are good but (in my opinion) ironbreakers are better especially than slayers, they only cost 2 points mor than a slayer an for that you get +1 extra WS (unless they're giant slayers) and you get a 3+ armour save to go with it.