PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Dark Elf Escalation

Nungunz
09-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey all. Still very new to 8th Edition and especially DE. 1000 point list is fairly set for the local escalation league. Now looking for input on the 1500 point list:

How about this as a change, then?

1500 Point List

Lords
Supreme Sorceress - General, Level 4, Pendant of Khaeleth, Darkstar Cloak, Dark Pegasus - 370
Heroes
Master - Battle Standard, Crimson Death, Armour of Darkness - 155
Core
x10 Repeater Crossbowmen - Guardmaster - 105x10 Repeater Crossbowmen - Guardmaster - 105x24 Spearmen - Shields, Full Command - 893x20 Corsairs - Full Command - 225
Special
x5 Cold One Knights - Full Command, Ironcurse Icon - 185
Rare
War Hydra
Total: 1498

Sorceress will take Lore of Shadows

aetios
10-15-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm not a fan of the Pendant on a sorceress. With no other armour available, it's too easy to nullify the Pendants advantage by peppering her with low strength shots. I know the Dark Pegasus gives her a 6+ AS, but that's not really worth it. I'd rather see the Talisman of Preservation or the Black Amulet, but you would have to lose points elsewhere.

I'd say drop 10 xbows, swap the guardmaster in the other unit to a musician and standard, up your spearmen to 30, lose the lordling and give your corsairs a magic banner. Either Banner of Murder or Sea Serpent Standard. The AP of Murder is nice on the handbows along with your close combat attacks, but the ITP and +1 attack of Sea Serpent from frenzy is nice on both accounts as well (especially to stay at 2 attacks each if you go with handbows).

Nungunz
10-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Yeah, after playing a few games, the repeaters are definitely doing the most damage. One large block of spears is nice to hold some units up and do a bit of damage. Here is another revised list.

One thing I am not sure about is the Pendant of Khaeleth on the Sorceress as a ton of low-strength shots or magic that doesn't use strength can tear her apart without too much effort. Which would be better PoK or the Talisman of Preservation?

Really would prefer to have a ward save on the BSB, but I kinda want him to be able to kill stuff decently as well. BSB goes with the Warriors to get a nice big block of 30.

Had 10 points left and no idea what to do with it, so I took a Guardmaster for each of the Xbow units.

Another concern. Are 8 shades too many?

Lords
Supreme Sorceress - Level 4, Shadows, Talisman of Preservation, Dark Pegasus - 355
Heroes
Master - Armour of Darkness, Crimson Death, BSB - 155
Core
x29 Warriors - Shields, FC - 218x20 Reapter Crossbowmen - Shields, Musician, Guardmaster - 230x20 Reapter Crossbowmen - Shields, Musician, Guardmaster - 230
Special
x8 Shades - Extra Hand Weapon - 136
Rare
War Hydra - 175
Total: 1499

aetios
10-18-2010, 09:51 AM
I like the Talisman of Preservation better on the sorceress, I think it gives her better over-all survivability.

If you aren't running a magical banner with your BSB, I'd say give him the PoK. Add in Blood Armour, a sea dragon cloak, and a shield and you've got a base AS of 3+ (2+ vs. shooting) with the potential for even better in close combat. Then give him your choice of weapons: the beastmaster's scourge will give him armour piercing plus an extra attack, or give him the halberd or great weapon for additional strength. Though you lose your shield bonus in cc with any of these, you should be able to go first in most situations (unless you take the great weapon) and cause one wound to give you back that bonus.

I would say drop the shades to 5 or 6 and give them light armour. It's not much, but any protection is better than none.
Also, lose the guardmasters from the xbows. This should give you the points you need to change around your bsb and up your warriors to an even bigger block. Since outside of your hydra you don't have any real heavy hitters, you want your warriors around as long as possible and the longer they're steadfast, the better the chances of that.