PDA

View Full Version : Thinking outside the box of 40k

Lancefireball
08-19-2009, 02:29 PM
A lot of friends, and people I meet at tournaments tell me I should try to pass on my unique way of thinking about War Hammer 40k. I think outside the box of 40k. I use strategies, and ideas in 40k that leave my opponents confused. With this way of thinking I have had great success, and turned my tournament play into a winning streak with no limits. At TOTB I want to try to help others step up there tournament play with Battle Reports, Tips, Strategies and much much more.

Also at TOTB we will have full coverage of this years Ard Boyz Finals in Chicago. I was lucky enough to take 1st place in both the Preliminaries and the Semifinals so ill be attending and hopefully grabbing one more 1st place in the series.

So please take a look and feel free to join my Followers.

Link to Blog: http://thinkingoutsidetheboxof40k.blogspot.com/

BuFFo
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
The amount of advertisers for blogs on BoLs is amazing.

BoLs needs a forum just for blog advertisers. I don't think your blog is considered news or a rumor about 40k.

Lancefireball
08-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Only place it seems to fit lol. Its new about 40k. battle reports. Coverage of events etc. This or general really.

Denzark
08-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Not only is this not news or a rumor about 40k but having had a look at his blog I can't see anything remotely that is thinking outside the box.

Hey ho - I can save you 3 minutes off your life...:mad:

Valdore
08-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Only place it seems to fit lol. Its new about 40k. battle reports. Coverage of events etc. This or general really.

Only place it seems to fit? Try General Discussion, as you say, it's about 40k, coverage of events etc. And if you have specific batreps try the forum for batreps ;) News & Rumours is mainly for GW rumours, not fan stuff.

Having the ability to travel 24-36' every single turn throws people off.

You also need to proof-read, I'm fairly certain having the ability to move anything over 2 foot would throw everyone off, let alone 24 foot . . .

Schnitzel
08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Honestly, what do most blogs offer? The rumors? Well, most rumors can be found consolidated on a handful of blogs, namely BoLS. The primary purpose of a blog is really to track your own work, look for comments and criticism, and to motivate yourself by publishing your work to the online world.
While every 40k blog is predominantly the same, there is one big difference from one to the next. The writer. Each blog owner is different and thus their views and ideas differ. Thats what gives each different blog its true value. Not how newsworthy is posts are, but the creativity shown on it. Some may be less creative than others, but odds are they will still have that one something that will inspire another 40k player with their personal army at some point or another.
Every day at work (since there's nothing better to do) I surf every blog post on BoLS and FromTheWarp. Takes about two hours. I've seen a lot of lack luster blogs and a handful of gems. Regardless, about 90% have posted something thats caught my eye at some point or another and stirred my creative side.

And that there is my input.
And yes, General section would have been better.

Regarding my job, its slightly obvious from my avatar. The free time at work is cause I stand in a box all day. Literally. Fortunately this box has a computer with internet. :D