PDA

View Full Version : Ard Boyz Round 2 1st place Eldar List

Lancefireball
08-19-2009, 02:38 PM
This is what I managed to place first place with in Ard Boyz Round 2. Thought I would share it.

HQ 1 - Farseer Total = 185
Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stonee, Eldar Jetbike, Fortune, Doom

HQ 1 - 7 Warlocks Total = 380
Eldar Jetbikes, 4x Destructor, 2x Embolden, 1x Enchance

HQ 2 - Farseer Total = 170
Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Eldar Jetbike, Fortune, Doom

HQ 1 - 7 Warlocks Total = 380
Eldar Jetbikes, 4x Destructor, 2x Embolden, 1x Enchance

Elite 1 - 10 Howling Banshee's Total = 297
Exarch W/ Executioner, Acrobatic
- Transport Wave Serpent
Twin-Linked Shuriken cannons, Spirit Stones

Elite 2 - 5 Fire Dragons Total = 190
- Transport Wave Serpent

Elite 3 - 5 Fire Dragons Total = 190
- Transport Wave Serpent

Troop 1 - 5 Dire Avengers Total = 60
- Transport (See Heavy Support 1)

Troop 2 - 5 Dire Avengers Total = 60
- Transport (See Heavy Support 2)

Troop 3 - 5 Dire Avengers Total = 60
- Transport (See Heavy Support 3)

Heavy Support 1 - Falcon Total = 175
Scatter Laser, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones

Heavy Support 2 - Falcon Total = 175

Heavy Support 3 - Falcon Total = 175

Round 1: Marines 24 Points
Round 2: Marines 22 Points
Round 3: Dark Eldar 23 Points

Chumbalaya
08-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I like it. Bright Lances on the Serpents would be nice but that's about it.

Lancefireball
08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
I wanted bright lances bt I was unable to think of what to drop. There was nothing drop able that would not hurt the list.

What I ended up doing was using the fire dragons for any armor 14 and then the Twin linked guns on the wave serpents helped take out rhinos and such.

Chumbalaya
08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Only thing I can think of is swapping Banshees for Harlies and losing an Embolden or Destructor here or there.

Lancefireball
08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Ya I thought of doing that as well its just I really wanted to keep the warlocks and with the amount of marines Banshees where a pretty solid choice I feel.

I did miss not having the Lances but I think with the two squads of Fire Dragons that I did not need them really. Lances are only good vs Armor 13+ and thats exactly what I sac my fire dragons to kill. The 3 str 6 shots twin linked worked out pretty good. I would have been scared of a 5 Land Raider rush though. If I seen something like that I would have missed the Lances. All in all I think it went well.

But ya for the final round I think ill change it up some so i can get those lances. I bet ill see alot of battle wagon spamming.

Chumbalaya
08-20-2009, 06:26 AM
BW fold quite nicely to melta, and since they have that stupidly narrow front you can hit the side AV12 fairly easily.

I like Blances so you don't lock up all your anti-AV14 into 2 units (they're speedy and in tough transports granted but dice can betray you).

As for Harlies, I love that rending + Doom and not having to wait to get into assault. Banshees are mean too and give you another Serpent, so it's a trade off.

Duke
08-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I like the harlies too. They're great against tough CC units like TH/SS Termies. Also, I think that Banshees rely more on Doom than Harlies do, with rending and all.

Duke

Lancefireball
08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Turn 1 I normaly fortune both the Fire Dragon Wave Serpents and send them in 24" right at Land Raiders or battle wagons etc so I have a 4+ rerollable but I do understand what ur saying & ya I hate melta lol. I try to stay away from AP1 at all costs but you gotta do what you gotta do right.

I also love harlies I own 4 squads of them so using them would not be a problem at all. Throw in that shadowseer and attack lone units then they wont get torn to shreds when they get out either. 2 D6 x 2 is a max of 24 inchs to see them. I love that about them. Its s toss up really. Hardlies are better against orcs for sure but banshee's own SM.

TheKingElessar
08-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I don't think I'd have used Banshees OR Harlies, relying on the Councils for CC...but nice list.