PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts BA stormraven list

Rockerman
09-19-2010, 01:08 PM
This list is mostly for fun play (because it sucks in tourny play if u dont get 1st turn). i have used a similar list in 1500pts and it fares well against pretty much nything if it gets 1st turn

HQ

Libby /w infernus pistol - 115

Elites

Furioso Dread /w blood talons - 125
Furioso Dread /w blood talons - 125
Sanguinary Priests (3 men) /w infernus pistol x3 - 195

Troops

Assault squad <on foot> (10 men) /w infernus pistol x3 -235
Assault squad <on foot> (10 men) /w infernus pistol x3 -235
Death Company (11 men) /w powerfist x1 - 245
Death Company Dread /w blood talons - 125

Heavy Support

Stormraven /w multi-melta, twin-linked lascannons - 200

wot r ur thoughts on the list so far?

Rockerman
09-19-2010, 01:20 PM
i may swap the libby for a reclusiarch and take the death conpany squad down 2 10 /w infernus pistol rather than powerfist (to even out the points).

although i wont have the psychic powers/defence i will b able 2 reroll all hits and wound rolls on the deathcompany plus get furious charge from the priest

Schnitzel
09-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Honestly, for anything 2000pt or lower, I'd recommend going with only two Stormravens. Always kit them out with extra armor, and pack 'em with Death Company.
The way I see it is, Take Astorath for an HQ, two units of 5 Death Co, and Two Death Dreads. Upgrade one squad to have Lemartes, attach Astaroth to the other Squad. Give both Squads 3 power weapons/power fist. They're be strong enough to lay waste to most anything like that.

For the rest of you're Army, you'll want something that can get in the opponants back field fast and mitigate the threat of the StormRavens... I like to go with a Drop Podding Librarian Dread with Frag Cannon for this. Give it the Land and Sword powers and you're set.