PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels 1250

SIROFLOT
09-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi, I wanted to get into the tournament scene for 40k and I was wondering what others thought about my list. 1250 is small but it's a starting point, so here it is:

1 Epistolary, Sword, Might of Heroes
Honor Guard
1 Flamer
2 Melta
2 PW
Chapter Banner
Lasplas Razorback

2 Sanguinary priests

10 Scouts, cloaks and snipers
3x 5 man assault squad, Lasplas Razorback, PW, Melta

1 Autocannon Lascannon spon Predator

1250 On the dot

Scouts combat squad onto objectives or good cover. serve as bullet magnets until the epistolary and his squad moves up to kick buttocks' and chew bloodilishious bubble gum. Predator kills tanks. 2 of the assault squads move up to support the Stolary, while the last one(without a priest) holds an objective.

So tell me what you think. What should I change? I'm kinda leaning towards changing the Predator into a vindicator. Also what should I get next. I want to build this first and then turn it into a 1500 point force.

LoverzCry
09-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Looks pretty solid man, though I'd use the Razorbacks to hit those tanks/other vehicles with those Lascannon shots as well (not that you're gonna be seeing much mek in this low pointage of a game).

If you're gonna bump it up to 1500, I'd get a Baal Pred and then maybe another 5 man Assault Squad in a Razorback. *shrugs* Or, you oculd get a 10 man Death Company w/ Powerfist and then throw them into a Rhino or Pod.

SIROFLOT
09-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Looks pretty solid man, though I'd use the Razorbacks to hit those tanks/other vehicles with those Lascannon shots as well (not that you're gonna be seeing much mek in this low pointage of a game).

If you're gonna bump it up to 1500, I'd get a Baal Pred and then maybe another 5 man Assault Squad in a Razorback. *shrugs* Or, you oculd get a 10 man Death Company w/ Powerfist and then throw them into a Rhino or Pod.
Thanks for the feedback, I like the Baal Pred and 5 man assault squad idea. Having another Lascannon of the field is great and the Baal Pred can dish out hurt to anybody.

Fast3ddy
09-21-2010, 09:40 AM
I played a similair list at 1250 recently in a local tourney, finished in second place.

The list was:

Lib - shield, sword

1- 5 man assault w/ jumpacks melta
2- 5 man assualt squads with meltas in razorbacks w/ TL Las
1- Vindicator
1- landspeeder hvy flamer/multimelta
1- Baal predator hvy bolters/TL assault
1- dev squad 4 ML

I think of this as a take all comers list. At 1250 if your opponents bring mech you have plenty to deal with it. If you face a horde army (I did, 3- 30 man orc boys squads) it can deal with that too. The jump pack assault marines helped alot with the objectives which is very important. The land speeder and baal pred really gave me the speed and firepower to deal with other fast targets.

The weakness was when hard hitting CC units came in, but hopefully with proper target proity they should be pretty shot up before they hit your lines.

just wanted to share that.

Tynskel
09-21-2010, 05:33 PM
I worry about no powerfists. I think one would be good--- a backup plan!

The librarian won't always be around for fighting big things.

Another idea is to drop one priest (you'll still have 2) and take a Hv Bolter Speeder. More Dakka!

Midge913
09-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Another idea is to drop one priest (you'll still have 2) and take a Hv Bolter Speeder. More Dakka!

I completely agree. Taking the Speeder will give you some decent mobile firepower.

SIROFLOT
09-24-2010, 09:51 PM
I completely agree. Taking the Speeder will give you some decent mobile firepower.

The problem I have with that is that it is just one heavy bolter, it's not really gonna do much. The priest IMO makes the assault squads perfect for anything really. S5 I5 is more than enough for taking out heavier units, not to mention feel no pain.

However, a power fist I can agree with. Perhaps replace one priest with power fists for my other 2? I think the S9 3 attacks on the charge would help solve a lot of problems.

lowdog
09-24-2010, 10:45 PM
If you take powerfists I would put them on sergeants, not the priests. Since the priests are ICs you don't want them targeted and taken out before they get to swing those fists.

SIROFLOT
09-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Revised List:

1 Epistolary, Sword, Might of Heroes
Honor Guard
2 Melta
2 PW
Chapter Banner
TL Heavy Flamer Razorback

3 Sanguinary priests

3x 5 man assault squad, Lasplas Razorback, PF, 2 have Melta Guns

1 Autocannon Lascannon Spon Predator

Devastator Squad All ML

1250 On the dot

I Might have done the points wrong(Did it in my head) but cutting out that scout squad freed up some options in the list.

The assault squads have PF's now but only two have meltas. Got an extra Priest and i got a Devie squad. How does it look now?