PDA

View Full Version : Who actually started the HH?

mr1029384756
09-20-2010, 03:50 AM
Okay, first off, I'm a newbie to the Warhammer universe as a whole. I started reading HH novels (cause I wanted to understand the foundation of this incredible storyline from its beginning) a few days ago and currently, I am finished with 'Fulgrim'. But after all the backstory and wars, here's my question:

Who was the first being to get corrupted AND spread the taint to the rest of the Legions and Primarchs?

I've narrowed it down to either Erebus, First Chaplain of the Word Bearers legion, and Kor Phaerun, 2nd in command to the Primarch, Logar, both of the Word Bearers.

But that's just it; was it Erebus or Kor Phaerun? And just which Daemon God made them convert to Chaos?

Lucidum
10-11-2010, 10:19 PM
While I'm not too familiar with the book series, I do believe the Heresy is well....named after the guy who started it. Horus.

Drew da Destroya
10-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Actually, the most deeply guarded secret of all GW double-top-secret-probation-secrecy of all time, is the Horus Heresy was started by Roboute Guilliman.

That's right, the French Romans started the Heresy. Total jerks.

Back on topic, and not totally ridiculous, I get the feeling that Erebus was the first corrupted. I don't believe it's been revealed yet, though... But I think he was the only one with access to Lorgar when he was sequestered after the Emperor told him to stop being such a weirdo.

As far as which god it was... The Word Bearers are pretty equal opportunity worshippers post-heresy. But I could see Tzeentch approaching them first. The whole thing has a very convoluted, wheels-within-wheels feel to it. Maybe the whole Heresy was kicked off so that Tzeentch could get Magnus? And the downfall of Mankind was just a nice side effect?

imperialsavant
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Erebus in my opinion as it was he who manipulated Horus to go to the small & relatively unimportant Moon where he was wounded by a (daemon?) Weapon & then had him spirited to the Chaos Temple to be healed but at the price of being turned to Chaos.

I think all will be revealed in the next BL HH series book "the First Heretic".

Do your self a favour & read the first 3 HH books in order I guarentee you will love them. So much detail & great charactors. :cool:

Spectre
10-15-2010, 12:27 AM
It was Kor Phaerun. He was always a servant of Chaos and after the Emperor said "no-no" to Lorgar's worship,Kor whispered into the ear of Lorgar about the 4 Chaos Gods who demanded and rewarded his worship. Lorgar is then corrupted by Chaos, and turns all evil. He then sends Erebus to spread around the idea of the Warrior Lodges, which corrupt the Luna Wolves and Horus, resulting in the Heresy.

Hoped that helped. :D

cobra6
10-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it was Kor Phaeron. He was already corrupted to Chaos on Colchis where he was Lorgar's right-hand man before the Emp showed up, and was biding his time until he could find an angle to turn Lorgar - an angle so ably provided by the Emp's rejection of Lorgar's worship. As far as which Chaos God turned KP, since he is a fanatical devotee of Chaos Undivided, it was probably all of them.

Azrell
10-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Lots of primarchs had started down that road b4 the heresy, the war just hastened them down the road. For example Magnus bargained with Tzeench for his legion to stop mutating uncontrollably, long before horus was turned.

But Horus himself... read the books and codex's carefully... he died on Davin. His body was possessed by a demon, that possibly kept some of Horus's personality.