PDA

View Full Version : Wolfienought

SIROFLOT
09-20-2010, 10:02 PM
So I was sitting in my English class when I was thinking about dreadnoughts instead of grammar like I was supposed to. Anyways I thought it kinda lame that there is only one 'special' dreadnought out there. Bjorn's great and all, but I want my own customizable HQ dreadnought. So here's what I thought of:

Captain Dreadnought

Pts: Alot

WS6 BS5 S6 F12 S12 R11 A3 I5

Type: Walker

Wargear: 2 Dreadnought CC weapons, 2 Storm Bolters

May replace any storm bolter with:
TL Flamer Free
Heavy Flamer 10
Melta Gun 15

May replace one Dreadnought CC weapon with:
Seismic Hammer 10
Shield 15
Chain Fist 5
Blood Talon Free

OR Replace both with:
Nemesis Frost Weapon 15

May take one of the following:
Jump Booster Pack 30
Lightning Wolf 50

May take any of the following:
Extra Armor 15
Smokes 5
Wolf Tooth Necklace 15
Chooser of the Slain 10

Explanations:

Shield: Counts as a Storm Shield(3+ Invulnerable)

Nemesis Frost Weapon: Counts as a Nemesis Force Weapon as if it was wielded by a Grey Knight Grand Master. May use the force weapon on daemons.

Jump Booster pack: May move an additional d6 inches in the Movement Phase, also ignores terrain for movement.

Lightning Wolf: Large mechanical wolf to ride. Adds +1 to all armor values. Gives +1 Attack, Furious Charge, and the Beast Special Rules. However, the dreadnought has -1 rolls to hit for shooting and -1 WS on the charge. To simulate the madness of the Wolf making it hard for the dreadnought to swing its weapon.

So my main concern is its initial points amount. HOw much would something like this cost.

However, I like to think of it as a great conversion project that someone should try out. Please offer any feedback!

wolflold
09-22-2010, 02:15 AM
I think you missed a few rules... Seriously you took every good rule from SM, BA and SW! You should either make a special space marine OR blood angel OR space wolf dread. For a special character he has to many options. Make up a background story to explain his spacial rules and equipment! Was the captain a combat, shooty or psyker marine?

Best thing you can do is convert a Dreadnought as you like and make up some rules then!

Master Bryss
09-22-2010, 11:39 AM
First off, a reminder. 40k is a grim dark future of evil and awesome. Somehow I think a Dread mounted on a giant mechanical wolf would just look stupid. And what if it falls off? It's stuffed. I'm also not sold on the jetpack, but at least it's semi-sensible.

It really does look like you've taken cool stuff from all Marine offshoots and stuck them all together. It's clear you like Space Wolves. So, focus. No nemesis, no talon.

I'd also alter the shield to make it always count as Obscured from the front and sides in shooting. A 3++ in combat on a Dread is pure evil.

Now that I've stopped criticising, I'll help with the costing. If a base Dread is 105 and you add +1WS, +1BS, +1A, +1RA and +1I, put through the non-existant formula, I get... 145.

Do SW Dreads get Venerable? If they do, I'd make this one Venerable and 165 points. Thanks for listening.

Porty1119
10-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Agreed. Nein idea what that wolf thing was (?) but the general concept seems like a really good idea. The jump booster? Sounds great. Since you DO appear to like SW a lot, I'd leave their SRs and nix the others.