PDA

View Full Version : Warmachine Plastics?

Spy_Smasher
09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm thinking about getting into Warmachine. Specifically Cygnar.

My question is, are any of the infantry or caster models in plastic, or is it just Warjacks? Does anyone know if PP has plans along those lines?

Silver Drakes Legion
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM
The Cyngar battlebox comes in a resin plastic and is a great deal.
Otherwise Warcasters, light jacks, and most models are going to be metal. They have one plastic heavy jack with a little bit of pinning or magnetizing makes 3 different jacks. They have been getting more plastics out but alot of units will still be metal for some time. Their metal units only need a little filing compared to GW products and have always dry fitted without problem.

FastEd
09-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Yeah, the plastic battle boxes should be out today in fact. Almost all stores, barring some sort of problem, should have their stock in of them by tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday.

All the minis in the box are plastic.

Like Silver said, there is also a plastic Warjack kit which makes 3 of Cygnar's warjacks, and more minis are being converted over slowly. That said, the current status from Privateer is that not everything is planned to be plastic at this time.

Also like Silver said, the metals tend to fit together a bit better then a lot of the GW metal casts, with the exception of some older models, however being a Cygnar player myself I can't think of anything out of Cygnar that it's an issue for. The main problems were on larger models with some peculiar join points like some of the Dire Trolls and some Menoth warjacks.

Edit: Oh, and hopefully welcome to the fold.

Spy_Smasher
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks guys. Sounds like the perfect time to pick up a battle box.

Faultie
09-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks guys. Sounds like the perfect time to pick up a battle box.
It's a better time than ever, actually! Great timing! Welcome aboard!

phoenix01
09-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Keep in mind that the plastic box set comes with a warcaster, Coleman Stryker, in plastic.

rabscutle
09-23-2010, 10:13 AM
I got my Menoth box yesterday, and it is pretty slick. The light jacks all have the same chassis, so I'm gonna bet we see a light jack box like we did for the heavy jacks.

The plastic caster (in my case, Kreoss) lends me to think they are going to go plastic for more and more once they get the manufacturing end of it smoothed out.

tonyzahn
09-23-2010, 10:24 AM
The plastic caster (in my case, Kreoss) lends me to think they are going to go plastic for more and more once they get the manufacturing end of it smoothed out.

Agreed. I believe the plan is to start out with the bigger models/units that would be too expensive in metal, so medium and large based units first.

FastEd
09-23-2010, 06:08 PM
I got my Menoth box yesterday, and it is pretty slick. The light jacks all have the same chassis, so I'm gonna bet we see a light jack box like we did for the heavy jacks..

The pictures of the plastic lights are in the faction books, in fact. They look fantastic. Even the new light jacks like the firefly are so nice to handle, and the sculpts are great.

Mr.Pickelz
09-23-2010, 09:47 PM
so when is hordes getting plastic starter box sets?

FastEd
09-24-2010, 01:15 AM
None have been announced. Probably going to be a while.

Whoop!
03-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Just got my Khador Battle Box.

I love the detail on Sorcha. The limbs fit very tightly, but were not as posable as GW's models. The plastic is a little hardertoo, so I needed to use my razor as much as my files. They look great!

The Warjacks had some unfortunate mold line clumps right by the neck, I think I removed it well enough. We'll see.

Waiting for the glue to dry, la de da, waiting for the glue to dry....

Inquisitor Hate Machine
04-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Hope you washed your models, Whoop! ! This "plastic" is more like polyresin and their mold release is a pain. I had to switch super glues because the GW stuff wouldnt hold well.

Whoop!
04-03-2011, 12:41 PM
I didn't. Oops! Thankfully I didn't have any glue malfunctions, I always use Locktite gel. Good quick bond.

I'm not use to resin though, broke an axe handle. Cant find my pinning drill, and too cheap to buy what I already own! Arghh!

I'm using an oil red flake mettalic as a glaze, and am real happy with how it looks. I did a test model, and am going to try to capture it for my blog.
http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x445/grayhartwarclown/Warmachine1003.jpg