PDA

View Full Version : IG 1500 conscript for fun

hewhowalks
09-22-2010, 03:04 PM
This army is mostly fluff and fun, but I'm just wondering what you all would consider changing. My paint scheme is a prison theme (conscripts are all catachans with blazing orange prisoner jumpsuits). Im typing this from memory at work so my total may be off by a couple points.

I'm wanting to add at least one penal legion (for fluff purposes), but don't know what to take out.

HQ
Lord Commisar

Troop 1
PCS - Chenkov, plasma x4, chimera, stubber
Infantry - flamer
Infantry - flamer
Conscripts x50 - next wave
Heavy Weapons - Las Cannons
Heavy Weapons - autocannons

Troop 2
Vets - Demo training and three meltas (they ride in the valk)

Fast 1
Scout Sentinel X3

Fast 2
Valkyrie - multi rocket pods

Heavy 1
Leman Russ - stock, no sponsons or stubber

Heavy 2
Basilisk

Nothing terribly creative about how I run this army. Waves of stubborn, leadership 10 conscripts followed by Chenkov and the Comissar in their Chimera. The conscripts screen the rest of the army and can pour out 100 las rife shots, or they can lock up units in assaults then die off at the beginning of my turn, leaving the enemy open for a fun shooting phase.

The valk and sentinel try to run around behind the enemy. The russ and basi take the long shots.

Any input is appreciated.

SIROFLOT
09-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Find 10 points to cut and scrap the Basilisk for a Medusa. Other than that I don't really know what to say.

lowdog
09-24-2010, 10:37 PM
I love the conscript wave. At 2000 you should add in a second 50 man conscript squad with next wave. 200 bodies flooding the table would just be awe inspiring.

WereWolf_nr
09-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Find 10 points to cut and scrap the Basilisk for a Medusa. Other than that I don't really know what to say.

Seconded. Perhaps yank the stubber?