5 plague marines
2x plasma guns
Rhino

5 plague marines
2x meltaguns
rhino

Obliterator x2

745 pts.

This is for a small 750 pt tourny at a local store. Will probably see more power armor than anything else.

MarshalAdamar
09-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Looks good but what is "Termicide"??

Might consider putting the oblits in two units of one, then they can be on separate parts of the board and then can shoot at different targets if needs be. Shoot the las cannon at the rhino and if it gets popped you can use #2 to shift fire to lay a plasma cannon shot on the newly disembarked unit!

You have 5 pts left over it looks like so put a personal icon in one unit of plague marine. That way you can also deep strike an obilt if you think it would work well that game.

Requiemnex
09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Termicide is 3 terminators, each with a combi-melta.

Lykum
09-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Agree about the comments on the Oblits. Otherwise for 750pt list it looks pretty solid. It should be fun.

You could think about dropping the MoN on your demon prince and taking warptime instead. That would fill up that stray 5 pts.

Requiemnex
09-22-2010, 05:56 PM
the only reason I am cautious about breaking them up is that would be 8 kps in this list...

I like the idea of WT on the daemon prince.. T6 is a pretty big difference when it comes to him being a fire magnet though.

Tynskel
09-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Low point tourneys are fun. I like your list for a couple of reasons. 1) Theme! 2) pretty nice mix of things.

An Icon will be useful for the 'Termicide' Sounds like a 'bug spray'. :)

Lykum
09-23-2010, 06:08 PM
I like the idea of WT on the daemon prince.. T6 is a pretty big difference when it comes to him being a fire magnet though.

When you consider he is an eternal warrior T6 is less of a big difference. Assuming he takes a shot from a demolisher cannon, he has a 37% chance for a wound with T5. With T6... it is 37%. In fact, it remains a 37% chance until T9, where it drops to 29%. Either way you're gonna want to keep him obscured until it is time to wreck shop.

With warptime, assuming you pass your psychic test, against a standard 10 man squad of space marines you'll cause 3.47 unsaved wounds at I5 (97% chance of wounding). Without warptime it drops to 2.22 wounds (83% chance of wounding).

The T6 is nice in assault when you are going up against BMFs, but I would still take warptime first.

This 750pt tourney sounds like a lot of fun. I'd want to get in on that.

Requiemnex
09-23-2010, 06:36 PM
When you consider he is an eternal warrior T6 is less of a big difference. Assuming he takes a shot from a demolisher cannon, he has a 37% chance for a wound with T5. With T6... it is 37%. In fact, it remains a 37% chance until T9, where it drops to 29%. Either way you're gonna want to keep him obscured until it is time to wreak shop.

With warptime, assuming you pass your psychic test, against a standard 10 man squad of space marines you'll cause 3.47 unsaved wounds at I5 (97% chance of wounding). Without warptime it drops to 2.22 wounds (83% chance of wounding).

The T6 is nice in assault when you are going up against BMFs, but I would still take warptime first.

This 750pt tourney sounds like a lot of fun. I'd want to get in on that.

Hmmm, Well I am going to make the change from Nurgle to Warptime.... Give it a whirl.. Go from there..

Lykum
09-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Hmmm, Well I am going to make the change from Nurgle to Warptime.... Give it a whirl.. Go from there..

Yes! 155pts of 12" jumping, cover stomping, armor ignoring, rerollin the F out of everything madness! You won't regret it.

On a side note, icons are for loyalist dogs. Chaos knows the dark gods will deep strike them where they are needed. If that is into impassible terrain, then Tzeentch has willed it.