PDA

View Full Version : Moving from 2k to 2.5k

DontFeedJay
09-23-2010, 04:37 AM
So, I have a 2000 point list that is as follows.

HQ
Daemon Prince (Wings, Warptime, Nurgle) 175

Daemon Prince (Wings, Warptime, Nurgle) 175

Elites
Dreadnought (Missle Launcher, CCW+Heavy Flamer) 105

Troops
7x Plague Marines (Champ With Powerfist, 2x Melta, Rhino) 256

7x Plague Marines (Champ With Powerfist, 2x Melta, Rhino) 256

8x Khorne Berzerkers (Champ With Powerfist, Rhino) 243

8x Khorne Berzerkers (Champ With Powerfist, Rhino) 243

Heavy Support
Defiler (2x DCCW) 150

Defiler (2x DCCW) 150

3x Obliterators 225

Thats a total of 1978, which needs to be tinkered with I know. But for getting to 2.5k I was thinking of adding the following.

4x Personal Icons, 1 To Each Champ. 20 Points

Karmoon Special
4x Terminators (Power Fist & Heavy Flamer, 3x Combi-Plasma) 150

14x Lesser Summoned Daemons. 182

13x Lesser Summoned Daemons. 169

This would bring me right up to 2499. The Karmoon special would do what it does, and the icons use is self evident. The Daemons though would be used in different ways depending on situations. In objective games, I would tend to use them as squatters, allowing my more powerful units to move ahead. Or if a unit (zerks) were going to get charged by something much scarier than themselves, or if they simply needed the furious charge bonus, the daemons could act as a speed bump. Or if a unit simply needs more weight of attacks in CC, they could assist by deepstriking in and charging in to said combat.

As always, if anyone has any better ideas with what to do to this list, please let me know. I know zerkers are (usually) considered only semi-competitive, but I like them. Regardless of my likes, wants, and dreams, feel free to tear my list completely apart and criticize every nuance you can find!

blackarmchair
09-23-2010, 09:39 AM
The summoned daemons are a neat trick. The ability to land and charge in the same turn should not be underestimated. But remember they do only have a 5+ save, they are a fragile unit.

Terminators are a no-no. Just don't do it. Chaos Terminators are inferior to Imperial ones in almost every way (yes they get marks i know) you just can't argue with a 2+/3++. There are far better ways of popping tanks, if you want a dedicated anti-tank squad - take chosen.

Other than that looks good. Just be wise about where you put those daemons, you've taken them in big numbers so they should be able to actually do some damage.

DontFeedJay
09-24-2010, 01:44 AM
So, after talking to some local chaos players, and taking some advice from one of the many boards, I have decided to add 1 squad of plague marines, both with meltas, and 1 more dread with the same loadout. The last bit of points is up in the air. Its between the terminator squad above, or giving one more body to each zerker squad (unfluffy, but hey) and taking a Greater Summoned Daemon. Any thoughts from anyone?