PDA

View Full Version : Eldar 1700p

Eldarkoen
09-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Hey Guys, Just new to the forums. I thought that I might start with trying to have other people look at my list. I see allot of Eldrad/ Avatar nonsense(j/k) and thought lets see if it will work in some other way. Let me know what you think.

HQ

Farseer
- Doom
- RoWard
- Singing spear

Troop

6 x Dire avengers
Exarch + BS + Catapult
Wave Serpent , stones, EML
7x Dire avengers
Exarch + BS + Catapult
Wave serpen, stone, Shur Can
6x Dire Avengers
(mounted in Falcon + brightlances)

Elite
10x Howling Banshees + wave serpent + shur can
Mask + countercharge

6 Fire Dragons (mounted in Falcon + EML)

Heavy
Falcon, stones, HoloF,EML, Shur Can
Falcon, stones, HoloF, Brightlance, Shur Can
2x (Warwalker+ 2 Scatter Lasers)

eldargal
09-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Personally I would try and get the Dire Avengers in Wave Serpents up to ten, and I'm not sure how the Avatar would fare in such a mech list. Apart from that it seems fairly effective, and always nice to see someone avoid Special Characters.:)

Eldarkoen
09-25-2010, 09:37 AM
It seems I forgot some wargear on the exarch in the banshee list. (mirror swords).

I was playing around with dividing the points across the list. Ive had 2 wave serpents full with 10 man before. But since I put in the new falcon I didn't want to have to switch it around to much. So I tried putting a scoring unit in the falcon for extra security.

I did try this list with one less wave serpent and with a group of 5 Shining spears. They were nice if you put them in reserve for an effective 18" danger zone from my table edge. But they lacked the decisive punch. They are cool to take out 1 tank or maybe couple of termies or bikes that came too close, but if they had to travel further then that the unit would be to vulnerable.

I had a wraithlord as well, but without a farseer close it was kinda hit and miss with the damn wraithsight.

scadugenga
09-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Echo what Eldargal said. Avengers work best when maxed out.

I have to confess when I use banshees I prefer the triskele combo. It's still a power weapon, you still get +1 attack for that and a SP, and it's a 12" assault 3, Str3 AP2 weapon to boot. Lot of bang for your buck.

Still, Str3 hurts when trying to deal with non-doomed meq.

Spiv
09-25-2010, 01:25 PM
If your going to max out the avengers, drop bladestorm.

I use to take it, but you get more out of them being able to shoot every turn and if you're taking 10, that's a fair bit of shooting anyways. Enough to take anything that can be harmed by them out, and anything that can't, bladestorm's a waste against anyway.

There is the eventuallity that your avengers will get assaulted. I would think about possibly putting defend on one, to help them live until someone can come save them. Even a shimmershield, if possible.

davel
09-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Some small things worth considering

your unit of walkers are kited out for horde/light transport consider vypers with scatter laser/under slung cannon you lose a shot ( and some range on some strength 6 shots) but Vypers squadrons can speed out of trouble which can be vital in kill points walkers can't.

I'd go for executioner most of the time you will face marines, True doom helps but there is the chance ( especially when closeing with the foe) of some form of Psy interference.

small units of DA can work as long as they stay in their transport. I'd move your 6th advenger to another squad where it can use blade storm.

What do you plan to do with farseer. if he joins the banshee he may be better equiped with a blade not spear.

dave l

Eldarkoen
09-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Some small things worth considering

your unit of walkers are kited out for horde/light transport consider vypers with scatter laser/under slung cannon you lose a shot ( and some range on some strength 6 shots) but Vypers squadrons can speed out of trouble which can be vital in kill points walkers can't.

I'd go for executioner most of the time you will face marines, True doom helps but there is the chance ( especially when closeing with the foe) of some form of Psy interference.

small units of DA can work as long as they stay in their transport. I'd move your 6th advenger to another squad where it can use blade storm.

What do you plan to do with farseer. if he joins the banshee he may be better equiped with a blade not spear.

dave l

Walkers are mostly intentional for outflanking. So to keep them affordable they have allot of bullets to soften up the flanks of tanks and other armor.

Farseer is going with banshees :D. Good idea on blade.

Splug
09-27-2010, 11:13 AM
You're going to run into problems with the avatar falling behind the rest of your army. He's a great vehicle-destroying/close combat monster, but if he doesn't arrive in range of the enemy player until turn 3/4, it'll be too late to contribute much in the way of breaking down transports. The avatar also tends to be shot down if no one is providing fortune to him - admittedly, that's not a half bad away to distract missiles from some wave serpents, but again that's turn ~3-4 your opponent will have to deal with him, which gives him two turns of firing on your mech first.

I'd drop the avatar and go with a second farseer, or an autarch.

Also, I'm a fan of the executioner on the banshee exarch as well. The mirrorswords are fine if you can get doom off, but otherwise the executioner is more reliable and self-sufficient. Getting the extra S5 attack for charging is more valuable as well, which is critical; banshees don't have much staying power in prolonged fights. You need the first round to be decisive so they can get out before they have to start taking armor saves.

Eldarkoen
09-27-2010, 03:29 PM
My idear of the Avatar is that It might not allways be as usefull as ever. But it does draw allot of fire, some armies HAVE to focus on him else he'll be very annoying. But the main reason I have the Avatar it is because I just love the look of him and its just awesome. I ordered the one from forgeworld and I just had to have it. Had a friend paint it Ice instead of fire to match with the style of my army.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/koenlooijmans/Eldar%20leger/IMG_8549.jpg

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z398/koenlooijmans/Eldar%20leger/IMG_0842.jpg

Splug
09-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Ah, an interesting theme - I like it, and the base fits extremely well with it.

If you're including him mostly out of a theme/hobby element, then never mind; he certainly fits there. I'd just be aware that he does not synergize well with an entirely mechanized army. The avatar is still a beast that needs to be dealt with somehow, it's just not nearly as hard to bring down if he doesn't have a fortune bot hiding behind him and cheering him on.

Eldarkoen
09-28-2010, 03:38 AM
Ah, an interesting theme - I like it, and the base fits extremely well with it.

If you're including him mostly out of a theme/hobby element, then never mind; he certainly fits there. I'd just be aware that he does not synergize well with an entirely mechanized army. The avatar is still a beast that needs to be dealt with somehow, it's just not nearly as hard to bring down if he doesn't have a fortune bot hiding behind him and cheering him on.

I agree with your point. Some of my gaming club members like to max out the armies and dont want to play for fun, but I don't want a list that doesn't work, but I do want something that feels like is apart of what I think is cool. So I chose the Avatar. :D

Tnx for the feedback guys!

chipstar1
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM
How will the Avatar fall behind?

Maybe I'm misreading the rules, but an Avatar is a daemon, and therefor comes in by deep strike.

Splug
10-13-2010, 03:41 PM
How will the Avatar fall behind?

Maybe I'm misreading the rules, but an Avatar is a daemon, and therefor comes in by deep strike.Deamonic Assault is a rule specific to the Chaos Deamons codex, and is not indicated in either the main rulebook nor Codex: Eldar. All the "Deamon" rule does for the Avatar is give him a 4+ invulnerable save. EDIT: It also makes him "count as a deamon" for weapons or abilities (such as those used by the Inquisition) which have special effects against deamons.

Lordgimpet
10-13-2010, 05:15 PM
The Avatar is a nice unit to include but with the rest of the force so mobile may cause issues

based on what you have so far you could drop the waveserpent from one of the 6 man DA units and pop them in the spare Falcon, this will give you 100+ points you could increase the other DA units or even get a nother foot slogging unit and have the Avatar join it. say like a storm squad and warlock.Or get a third war walker etc etc