PDA

View Full Version : New Info from First Heretic

miteyheroes
09-28-2010, 03:40 AM
So, is anyone else reading First Heretic? Wonderful book! We're getting glimpses and hints about the II and XIth Primarchs (and their Legions), we've seen more about the creation of the Primarchs, and we now know how the Gods managed to scatter the Primarch capsules. Fascinating stuff!

david5th
09-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Got signed copy from Gamesday UK.

miteyheroes
09-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Got signed copy from Gamesday UK.

Ditto, and I've just got up to Istvaan V during my lunch-break... Can't wait for this evening's read! It's gripping stuff, and revelations are coming thick & fast (especially in the middle part of the book).

gwensdad
09-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Is it out everywhere or was it just a Games Day UK release for now?

PedroKantor
09-28-2010, 10:46 AM
From what i've seen its not slated to be released til Oct 26th in the US (according to barnes and noble and amazon).. stoked to read it though!

isotope99
09-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes there are some more cryptic hints about the other two legions:

They are described as the forgotten and the purged.

Also that Leman Russ had no desire to lose a third brother implying that there might have been some personal connection and they weren't just scattered into the galaxy and never seen again.

We also get to see Cadia pre-crusade which is quite amusing.

About halfway through the book myself.

miteyheroes
09-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Yep, there's some stuff about how the loss of his brothers hit Lorgar deeply.

Also, hilariously, there's a scene where 2 marines speculate as to whether the Ultramarines took in some of the guys from the forgotten legions but someone says that it's just a rumour. Which is a common piece of fan speculation.

Anyway. Now got to the end of the book. Epic stuff. Definitely one of the best Horus Heresy books, and probably ADB's best to date...

Renegade
10-21-2010, 04:32 AM
Well it can at least be said that Lorgar was only part plotting, and that Guiliman and the Emperor kind of egged him on in his decisions.

miteyheroes
10-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Well it can at least be said that Lorgar was only part plotting, and that Guiliman and the Emperor kind of egged him on in his decisions.

He was betrayed, even more than Magnus. When ADB signed my book he wrote a quote from the book that sums it up perfectly:
"God was real, and he hated us"

Absolon
10-21-2010, 09:45 AM
The question is do Cadians still have purple eyes

Renegade
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
The question is do Cadians still have purple eyes
I believe that is one of their trade marks.

What, you really just thought that Creed was that good? :D

miteyheroes
10-22-2010, 01:44 AM
They do indeed. Pre-Imperial Chaos-Worshipping Cadians have purple eyes.