PDA

View Full Version : witch hunters 1500

danman
09-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Hi All,
well doing a witch hunters list and wanted something a lil different. I've put together a list most of which I am familiar with and understand well but would like your views on the synergy between them all and anything I'm lacking didn't think of etc.

HQ
Inquisitor Lord, psychic hood, plasma pistol, power weapon, frag grenades
Retinue 3 warriors with plasma guns + familiar
transport Godhammer landraider
cannoness (read more below on type)

Elite
Vindicaire assasin
(depending on type of cannoness I may bring 2 deathcults

Troops
10 sisters of battle, flamer, heavy flamer, vetern with book of st lucius, rhino smoke
5 storm troopers 2 meltas rhino smoke

heavy support
Exorcist
Exorcist
Exorcist

Ok so the Inquisitor lord I've used a bit and really like this setup. He generally sits back a little maybe babysits a unit on an objective minds a flank etc. With 7 plasma shots they can give a squadron of landspeeder a rough time or even knock a few corners off a unit of assault terminators. With the familiar and 2 cc weapons the Inq is WS5 I5 A5 albeit at S3 and in the landraider has a nice range. He has taken out units of eldar bikes and the like pretty much on his own. The landraider obviously draws fire, acts as a firing platform, protects the inquisitor, extends his assualt range, protects exorcists weak side armour.

I'm trying to decide wheter to take a jumpack cannoness with inferno pistol and blessed weapon for some independent close combat badness
or
a cannoness with power weapon and bolt pistol for supporting another unit (e.g book of st lucius means could advance with storm troopers providing all with 6inches LD10 or In raider with INQ to beef up the cc ability.) with this setup I would also take 2 death cult assassings just to give me something with a bit of oomph which can outflank and infiltrate.

Vindicaire will draw fire, be annoying and provide battlefield wide support

1 unit of battle sisters to provide flamery goodness. for those times when I need lots wounds with an ap1 sprinkle. I've got 3 faith points here and with devine guidance these guys can whittle a unit right down. The power armour also stops the rhino being open topped on drive bys. 10 of them with power armour makes them a much tougher unit to shift off an objective.

Storm troopers squads - provide me with cheap melta and throw away scoring units.

Exorcists - D6 s8 ap1 shots each with armour 13 - should need no explanation

Calypso2ts
09-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Much different than my list but I can provide some CnC I think.

I always take an Eviscerator on my Cannonness. The ability to be S8 with an act is huge plus she can tear apart dreadnoughts or take down armor. My loadout is..

Cannonness - Mantle of Ophelia, Cloak of St. Aspira, Inferno Pistol, Eviscerator, Book of St. Lucius, Jump Pack

Throw a brazer on your SoB squad, it is worth the 10 point for 4 or 5 more hits to roll wit DG IMO.

The inquisitor is okay, but everything in there is pretty pricey if you lose it. I like to throw in some ablative wounds if I can and you can even double up wounds onto Acolytes if you want.

I would lose the Pistol on the Inquisitor, now that they only get 1 shot I don't think its worth it.

The Vindicare Assassin is really expensive and ultimately not worth his cost in my experience. A Callidus is much better. I would also include a unit of Celestians in an Immolator with 2x Melta if I could instead of the DCA which never seem to do well for me anymore. Not being able to clear a combat zone is a big problem in this edition and they hemorrhage kill points.

Otherwise, I don't have many critiques given the type of list you want to play. I would recommend giving the Inquisitor a beefier weapon, but that is my own preference and I would definitely consider smoking the LR because I dont think it comes with it...may be wrong on this one, codex not in front of me. I also like to extra armor my stuff since at the cost of a BoSL it is worth it to do.