PDA

View Full Version : The Island of Blood - Rules?

Lindargo
09-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get the rules and stuff to play the armied from the Island of Blood box set? (besides the army books, obviously!)

It just seems odd that there is no mention of the High Elves 'always strike first' or Skaven's 'strength in numbers' rules, or the Wizard level of either Mages, or the equipment of... anything!!! A PM or even a post below (if it is allowed) would be much appreciated :D

-Lindargo

Old_Paladin
09-28-2010, 01:43 PM
There is a reference sheet for the units here:
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=12600019a
I have no idea why it's not posted in English anymore though.

However, as this is a starter set it has no army specific special rules.
No High Elf 'speed of Asurian', no Skaven 'Strength in numbers' the plauge mortar is just a stonethrower, etc. As it is meant to get new players into the game quickly (not give them a pass on buying army books).

Fizyx
09-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Yeah, if you look at Skull Pass or Black Reach you will see neither of them had the full rules for the armies included. You needed the Army Books/Codices in order the play a real (non-introduction) game. A lot of people buy the sets for the cheap models and small rule-book, but it is intended as an introduction to the game and the armies supplied are almost cosmetic because the level of complexity is so low.

Lindargo
10-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys, pretty much solved the whole thing for me!!

-Lindargo

cerebros
11-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anyone knew where i could get the rules and stuff to play the armied from the Island of Blood box set? (besides the army books, obviously!)

It just seems odd that there is no mention of the High Elves 'always strike first' or Skaven's 'strength in numbers' rules, or the Wizard level of either Mages, or the equipment of... anything!!! A PM or even a post below (if it is allowed) would be much appreciated :D

-Lindargo

For some bizzare reason GW didn't include the reference sheet in the box. Nor any training missions to help ease new players into the game.

Farseer Uthiliesh
11-06-2010, 06:14 PM
For some bizzare reason GW didn't include the reference sheet in the box. Nor any training missions to help ease new players into the game.

Yeah, that was weird. In addition to the High Elves requiring more points to field that force.