PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with BA list

hiddenyeti
09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi all, as the title tells you I need help with my blood angels list for the thrones tournament in Nov.

the list:
HQ
145pt reclusiarch: infernus pistol,

troops
235pts assault squad (10) 2 melta guns, power fist

215pts assault squad (10) 2flamer, power weapon

197pts assault squad (9) no packs, power weapon melta gun
215pts dedicated transport: landraider

215pts death company(5) 3 power weapons
55pts dedicated transport: razorback heavy flamer

elites
90pts sanguinary priest 1jump pack, 1 power weapon

heavy
130pts devastator squad(5) 4 missile launchers

total: 1497pts

so please any C&C welcome and apprieciated

Tynskel
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
you have some points wrong.

The Razorback with Extra Armor is 70 points.
The Assault Squad is 197 (100+18*4+15+10)

Come back with a list with correct values, and we can start critiquing--- otherwise, since you are over points already, its hard to do anything other than say: take less assault marines in the land raider squad.

Splug
09-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Looks like your plan is to hang near the back with the scoring land raider while the DC+reclusiarch drives up to be a hammer, and the priest travels with one of the other two jump pack assault squads?

The biggest thing to be aware of is that rage can suck. Death company are amazing the turn they get out of their vehicle... then they're just kind of wherever they want to be. Often, this involves chasing rhinos the wrong way, or punching land raiders they're incapable of hurting. Be sure at least one of them is carrying a nice transport popping gun / power fist.

Overall, you have a very straightforward troop-heavy army. The death company are resilient against bulk fire, but they're not really a death star unit - and rage is a serious problem against an opponent who knows how to abuse it. There's nothing that really screams cheese, so you should be fine on comp scores.

hiddenyeti
09-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Points sorted, sorry about that but I don't have the codex at hand because I'm at work.

I'm not to sure with the land raider and the 9man squad, I've been running 2 5man squads in twin las razorbacks with a BBQ Baal. What I plan to do with the land raider is use it to block Line of sight for the DC so that rage has no effect.

Splug
09-29-2010, 10:37 AM
If the land raider is pushing forward to help be a blinder for the death company, you're probably going to want to consider swapping it for a redeemer. Whether you do that or not, you'll almost certainly want a multi-melta and extra armor. You'll also probably want to consider putting the priest inside the land raider - it'd save you 25 points on the jump pack, and make him arguably harder to get at.

You should probably have a plan for the guys inside the LR. If they're just there to be scoring, then why make it a 9 man squad? If your intent is to assault something with them, you probably want something else with the squad to give it some more teeth - a librarian or a reclusiarch or something. Right now it's 400 points for some AV14 lascannons, with guys inside to cause armor saves.