PDA

View Full Version : Dark Eldar (2nd ed dex) 1k pts

Mal
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Archon (Agoniser, Tormentor helm & Trophy rack)
Warrior retinue x5 (Dark lance x2, Plasma Grenades)
Raider (Nightshields)

Raider squad x5 (Dark lance)
Radier (Nightshields)

Radier (Nightshields)

Radier (Nightshields)

Radier (Nightshields)

Ravager (Disentigrator x3, Nightshields)

Ravager (Disentigrator x3, Nightshields)

Total 1000

Im thinking about using this list as a base for the 1500/1750 and 2k lists also, let me know what you think, suggestions and critisims very welcome.

me_yourself
09-29-2010, 05:01 PM
The first thing to recomend is to switch the tormentor helm for a splinter pistol, itīs the same thing with that build. only if you take a punisher will a t-helm matter. And secondly, Combat drugs is the gift of the dark kin, until new dex at least. so get it.

I would also recomend dropping your archons retinue and put him with a squad of regulars simply for the reason that he cannot leave his retinue. then he can on the first turn. First move 12" by boat, 2" out, D6 fleet, charge 12"(from drugs). giving him a charge range of 27-32". Which youīll want to do every now and then. with that youīll lose up some points.

And take blasters on your raider squads, they are dirt cheap and will often come in handy.

As for night shields. Iīve played with them to and fro and must admit that Iīve felt that they only really matter when you meet armies with lotīs of 24" weaponry or deep striking meltas and such. They also turn of rapid fire in i wonderful way. But if you face armies with a lot of 36", or worse 48" range weaponry then they wonīt do much. And in that case I would drop them for an additional Ravager, armed with only Dark Lance. if you do some mathhammer then you will kill a vehichle with AV12+ with 13,5 shots of DL. of course youīll get some shaken and stuff along the way but itīs destruction thatīs the final goal. And it actually takes quite a few shots to get there.

For the rest of the army I only have two things to say, firstly wait a little for the new dex before deciding too much. And secondly at least for me Iīve found that it works better with 9 warriors in a raider squad instead of minmaxing. simply because they run of the table a less often and at such numbers the splinter rifles start to count, remember that you are BS4 and that they are AP5. When I had 1000 points my army looked quite a lot like yours.

Well, that became quite a lot of text hope there was some useful information and that I didnīt bore to death:p

good luck with your army and welcome to the "true" side:D.

w7west
10-04-2010, 10:19 AM
ahhh where are the wyches??

177 points will get you 6 wyches in a raider with succubus, agonizer, 2x blaster... which is a beastly squad!!

Your army packs a lot of punch but as soon as the guns line up your raiders it is bad news. Why not send a wyche squad turboboosting at the enemies lines? Many commanders will need to make a tough choice - kill the ravagers raining death or deal with the wyches before they take out a 350 point HQ squad in cc? And with a point cost like 177, you can afford to lose your wyche squad in order to protect your vehicles and send them into turn 2 - 3 still firing.

Mal
10-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I understand what your saying... which is essentially put more points into combat units and wargear... but surely at such a low points value a min/max approach is more effective for an old style dex? (minimum unit size / maximum dark lance/disentrigator spam).

w7west
10-05-2010, 08:42 AM
I understand what your saying... which is essentially put more points into combat units and wargear... but surely at such a low points value a min/max approach is more effective for an old style dex? (minimum unit size / maximum dark lance/disentrigator spam).

Very true this is a mean shooting list, but at 1k points you can absolutely dominate in the assault phase with dark eldar. Send a 170 or so point wyche squad at the nastiest point sink your opponent puts on the table and suddenly those wolf cavalry aren't a problem anymore.

This is just based on my experience with wyches, but at 1k points I find:

1 wyche squad - Will be #1 target priority for opponent. If they can get into combat they tend to make their points back and at the same time take so much heat off of your ravagers, which gives you a huge advantage.

2 wyche squad - If both squad can get into combat you are looking at a table. If only one gets into combat your ravagers and raider will get a chance to kill some stuff too!

Also using these insanely fast cc squads means you can just drop your raider darklance squad on foot and remain stationary, maximizing your firepower, and being safe from fire at least until the wyches have been taken care of.

I am not a huge fan of night shields for the fact that I do not want to pay 70 points for a raider. The night shield is most effective against rapid fire or melta weapons, but if you get your raider within rapid fire range, your wyches should have already jumped out and assaulted the squad anyway!

Mal
10-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Well the night shields are actually to deal with drop pod space marines (usually armed with meltas), so cutting their rapid fire range from 12" to 6" can actually save my hide. Combat isn't an issue against the raiders because I can move 12" and shoot everything so my opponent needs 6's to hit me.

Really I was just trying to make a list that can fly circles around my opponent while dropping huge amounts of fire power on them.

I'll play with the list and see if there is a cheap way I can put some wyches in there... but really i've always felt for such squishy troops 4 scoring units is a must, if for no other reason that redundency.... but i'll see what I can do.

w7west
10-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Well the night shields are actually to deal with drop pod space marines (usually armed with meltas), so cutting their rapid fire range from 12" to 6" can actually save my hide. Combat isn't an issue against the raiders because I can move 12" and shoot everything so my opponent needs 6's to hit me.

Really I was just trying to make a list that can fly circles around my opponent while dropping huge amounts of fire power on them.

I'll play with the list and see if there is a cheap way I can put some wyches in there... but really i've always felt for such squishy troops 4 scoring units is a must, if for no other reason that redundency.... but i'll see what I can do.

I apologize if I am sounding like a broken record, and by all means this is just my opinion, but wyches are the balancing squad for kabal armies. They provide the crucial role of bringing the fight right to your opponents deployment zone and just causing a real ****storm in the assault phase. With all of the focus being on the blitz, it is hard to send kill teams out to take care of two 5 main raider squads hiding in a building on an objective across the board.

Also I find that against drop pod armies the night shields are very effective, yet not as effective as simply starting everything in reserves. By doing this you are forcing the pod squads to commit and footslog before ever knowing where your raiders are going to be.

Mal
10-07-2010, 03:48 AM
Slightly off topic here (can I go off my own topic? :P), but I've been getting packages in from evilBay for the past couple weeks, and I finally have a fieldable army (I will be picking up the ravagers from the store in the next week or two, depending on when I can get down there).

So considering its game night tonight, heres a list I threw together from the minis that are currently game ready (if painted really really badly).

Archon (Agoniser, pistol, plasma grenades, trophy rack)
Incubi (x5)
Raider

Wych Succubus (Agonioser, pistol, plasma grenades, trophy rack, goblet of spite)
Wyches (x8, blaster x2, plasma grenades, wych weapons)
Raider

Raider squad (x5, dark lance)
Raider

Raider

Raider

Raider

Reaver succubus (Agoniser, pistol, trophy rack)
Reaver jetbikes (x8, blaster x2)

Reaver succubus (Agoniser, pistol, trophy rack)
Reaver jetbikes (x8, blaster x2)

Total 1499.

I don't know what sort of army im going to face off against as I don;t have a game setup (but thst never stopped me before). It could be anything from SW, BA to BT or crons.. and ofc non MEQ lists also.. orks, eldar, tau....

I'll let you know how it goes when I get back tonight.

Mal
10-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I won the game, it was a 2 a side match... me and crons against khorne deamons and blood angels... I faced off against the angels with a unit of bloodletters(? I think) popping up on my side... but the end of turn 3 there are 0 blood angels left on the board and by the end of turn 5 there is only half a unit of juggernaughts on the deamons side...

I lose 2 raiders, 2 warriors and my archon... the crons lost a dozen scarab bases and half a dezen destroyers.

Essentially I went on the offensive early on nwith a cubic tonne of fire support from the crons and we concentrated on the blood angels early on... decimated them very quickly (5 minis left at the end of turn 2, we went first), then switched over and conceterated fire power on the big deamons as soon as they appeared (my lances and his destroyers), we took down the greater deamon and the big fella on the chariot (sorry I don't know the unit names), then we mopped up the last of the little deamons and threw everything we had left at the big unit of juggernaughts...

With half a unit left at the start of his turn 5 he surrendered.

Dark Eldar wyches with goblet of spite getting into combat flanked on each side by reaver jetbikes = overkill.