PDA

View Full Version : Iron Hands 1850 (SM codex)

LoreDraconis
09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm trying to nail down my list, mostly so I can commit to some of my wysiwyg conversions, but I also want a list that's at least somewhat competitive, and might give people a run for their money. Lemme know if you guys have suggestions. I'd like to make it balanced enough to be an all comers list.

The idea is to play it as a semi-mobile, high firepower force. I can sit and shoot, or move forward without sacrificing much effectiveness with most units. I have an even distribution of threats, all of which are pretty nasty, so my weaker armor should have safety in numbers.
The Capt goes with the command squad in their assault Razor, while the MotF goes with the 5 man combat squad of Tacs w/melta gun in their Las/Plas Razor. The Las cannon and other 4 Tacs find a fire lane and stay entrenched. Same goes for the Dev Squad. Dev Razor hangs back to provide cover and long range fire, and has nasty up-close burst to protect vs deepstrikers (also gives devs somewhere to run and hide if they are threatened.
The scouts....ah...the scouts. My scouts always roll 1s, so they're there for comic relief. Actually, they're handy for distracting and capping objectives. Cheap squad and saves points for harder working units.

List #1

HQ

Captain: Relic blade

MotF: Combi-weapon

Command Squad
2x Plasma
2x Melta
1x Stormshield
Razorback w/TL AssaultCan

Troops

10 man Tactical Squad
Melta
Lascannon
Razorback w/ LasPlas

5 man Scouts
Sniper Rifles

Elites

Dread 2x Autocannons

Dread AssaultCan/PlasCan/Autocan + Autocannon (varies based on opponent)

Terminator Squad w/ Cyclone Launcher

Heavy

Venerable Dread w/DropPod

5 man Devastator Squad
4x MissleLaunchers
Razorback w/ LasPlas

Vindicator

List #2 (trades the Vendread for an IC and uses the extra points to give a bit more punch to the command squad by adding a thunderhammer.)

HQ

Captain: Relic blade

MotF: Combi-weapon

Command Squad
2x Plasma
2x Melta
1x Stormshield
Thunder Hammer
Razorback w/TL AssaultCan

Troops

10 man Tactical Squad
Melta
Lascannon
Razorback w/ LasPlas

5 man Scouts
Sniper Rifles

Elites

Dread 2x Autocannons

Dread AssaultCan/PlasCan/Autocan + Autocannon (varies based on opponent)

Terminator Squad w/ Cyclone Launcher

Heavy

Venerable Dread w/DropPod

5 man Devastator Squad
4x MissleLaunchers
Razorback w/ LasPlas

Vindicator

MarshalAdamar
09-29-2010, 04:10 PM
What about SM with allied Guard!? Then you would have access to the Basilisk? I would have to look up the rules for allies to be sure.

Just a thought.

LoreDraconis
09-30-2010, 08:44 AM
While I certainly wouldn't mind allies (and in fact it might add to the fluff of the army) quite certain that you're no longer able to take allies in 5th edition.

Tirion
10-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Looks like a decent list. A couple of concerns though. You may run into some rough situations only having 2 TROOP choices especially since one is only a5 deep. And something else to think about is maybe switching up the Dev' s weapon choice.