PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Salamanders list

Tirion
10-01-2010, 04:45 AM
HQ

-Forgefather Vulcan He'Stan (cause how can you not!)

-Captain
Power Weapon

TROOPS

-x2 Tactical Squad(10)
Flamer, Missle Launcher
-Tactical Squad(10)
Meltagun, Missle Launcher

ELITES

-Dreadnought
Heavy Flamer, Multi-Melta
- Terminators(5)
Heavy Flamer
-Terminators(5)
Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support

-Land Raider Redeemer
Multi-Melta
-Devastator Squad(5)
Heavy Bolter
x2 Multi-Melta
Missle Lancher
(Dedicated Transport)
Razorback
Twin-linked Lascannons, Storm Bolter

Tynskel
10-01-2010, 04:55 AM
This is a great start, but there are a variety of changes I would do to make this force a cohesive giant.

1) I would exchange one squad of Termies for the Thunder Hammer Termies--- Master Crafted Thunder Hammers due to Vulkan. This makes a great combo with Vulkan--- he's fast and can strike first (and he has a twin-linked hv flamer!), and the Thunder Hammers will smash everything else

2) give the Tactical Squads Teleport Homers-- hv flamer Terminators need to be up in close to be effective.
3)I'd move the dedicated transport to the tactical squad.
4) I'd take a chaplain or librarian rather than a captain--- save 15 points. I'd drop the storm bolter on the razorback. with the points saved from the thunder hammer squad, captain, and storm bolter should get you 2 Teleport Homers.

Tirion
10-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the input I forgot to add this!!

HQ

Command Squad
Company Champion
Company Standard
Verteran 1
Power Weapon
Veteran 2
Meltagun

The captain might make a little more sense now. And with the Devs having not aa whole lot of range i think they should have the RZB. You dissagree? and yeah your right I need to find a way to add some tele homers

Tynskel
10-01-2010, 11:36 AM
once Devs are in position, they usually do not need to move too much. it is your tactical squads that need to advance and hold positions. This is usually easier for them to do with a transport.

As much as I love Command Squads--- and I reeaaaallllly do, the way your list is designed you can use those points for more transports for your list, and teleport homers. You already have 2 sets of 'hammer' units (the two terminator squads). Now its time to think about 'consolidating' and protecting your meat.

As for the captain--- I love 'em too. I usually always take a captain, then other goodies. In your case, you already have a 'captain' with Vulkan.

Last thing--- I realllly like Ironclads in Vulkan Lists. They bash their way through things, have serious firepower, and good armor. Something to think about.

Tirion
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks Tynskel, i'll put together a list like that and see what I think. you've brought up some good points