PDA

View Full Version : Deathwatch

Duke
10-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Is anyone playing? If so what are your thoughts and experiences?

I am playing as a blood angel librarian.. Go figure!

Duke

energongoodie
10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
I'd love to play but I don't have any one to play with :(

Duke
10-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Thats cause you live in London, home of Chelsea... And nobody likes to play with those chaps! (Just kidding)

I had the same problem with older RPG's and told people that I wouldn't buy any more unless we actually were going to play... It is going ok so far.

Duke

Freefall945
10-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Our campaign is going to kick off shortly after our DH finishes soon. I convinced the GM to allow me to play a Flesh Tearer's apothecary with the following houserule to simulate their flavour.

Flesh Tearers:

Rules: As Blood angels.

In addition, whenever you would gain insanity points, gain an extra two.

That is all.

AirHorse
10-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Im hoping to play some deathwatch at some point, though I need to find some like minded people first since most of my friends arent up for it :P

Tzeentch's Dark Agent
10-09-2010, 08:07 PM
We kicked off our 1st mission tonight and OMG it's bloody fecking awesome!
I'm a Storm Warden Tactical (Sniper) Marine, seeing as I have an apocalypse army of them xD

Aenir
10-18-2010, 01:24 AM
I am running a game, 2 Space Wolves (TM and Librarian) 2 Dark Angels, (Apoth and Tech) and 2 Black Templar (2x Tac) Its a heck of a ride, I thinkeveryone is enjoying themselves! :)

BuFFo
10-22-2010, 08:29 AM
I am in a gaming group playing this as well.

We have;

Black Templar Assault Marine (me)

Dark Angel based Sister of Battle (modified rules to allow a female gamer play an SOB)

Techmarine and Devestator. I forget their chapters.

The game is very fun, and I highly recommend it for anyone who either plays RPGs or is interested in them.

Word of caution. The rule book is a giant mess, with rules all over the place. One of the worst planned out rule books I have ever used in my 24 years of playing RPGs.

Farseer Uthiliesh
10-31-2010, 05:01 AM
I noted that the Collectors Edition is still for sale. Now I am wondering whether FFGs will fulfil the promise of having the copies delivered within 8-10 weeks of the standard edition being released.

Freefall945
11-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Just got started in my group's game.

Dark Angels Techmarine
Blood Angels Assault Marine
Storm Wardens Librarian
Flesh Tearer Apothecary

And soon we'll be joined by

Ultramarines Tactical Marine
Black Templar Assault Marine

First mission was good; murdered our way through some genestealers and eventually a patriarch but man do those guys put big bloody holes in your power armour! My poor Apothecary spent the whole mission superglueing his chest back together. Good times.

Also, I must highly recommend devouring brains as a way to get useful information about your objectives. Emperor bless that Omaphagea.

Sister Rosette Soulknyt
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Buffo: why not use the rules for SoB out of the Inquisition handbook or better still the Blood of the Martyres, whis is what im doing.

Comparing the SoB from both books, i would rather from Blood of the Martyrs, its set in a flowing order with options for Celestiens, Repentia, Seraphin, Fabulous and Dialogus packages. Think they will enjoy those rules more than modified SM rules.
Besides the list of Faith options is over 20 now, instead of about 5.

Bung
05-17-2011, 08:51 AM
We jsut started a new campaign, which is alot of fun.

But after reading Helsreach i couldnt resist playing a Black templars Tactical Marine.

CorvusCorax
03-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Just started playing last week. Picked up the Core rulebook, Gm kit and the Founding Chapters book. I'm playing a Raven Guard assualt marine. The rest of the group is: Flesh Tearer Apoc, Space Wolf tact, White Scar Libby. Trying to get one more person in for a Dev marine. I made and painted all the models, since my friends can't paint at all... So far its an enjoyable game and an easy jump from playing Rifts.

cheers

Etriagn
03-07-2012, 09:21 AM
We played the introductory adventure with

A Black Tenmplar Techmarine
A Blood Angels Assault Marine
And a Space Wolves Devastor (my character)

It was mild fun, but I prefer Dark Heresy or by now Black Crusade

Franek_Dolas
03-09-2012, 11:38 PM
I'd like to try it out sometime. Would love to play as an Angry Marine.

gythku
03-14-2012, 03:33 PM
been reading alot of black library recently, wishing i had time to play

Gorechilde
03-26-2012, 02:13 AM
I have GM'ed about 15 games of Deathwatch> they are hardcore Brutal! My wife plays a Space Wolf Long Fang with Heavy Bolter and she kills anything she points it at. We have a mix of chapters in our group and they rock.
Their best fight was against a Daemon Prince with his Terminator bodyguards. I killed three Deathwatch Marines that game! Fun Times!
Pick It UP and Lock and Load!

sway
04-14-2012, 08:32 PM
I started playing DH about 3 months ago and have just finished a weekend of Deathwatch and BC. I must say DW is just an all out slaughter, DH is mainly investigating and a little action, BC is more action but alot of this and that but DW is what we were after in my group

This really opens one's eyes up to the possibilities of what marines can do especially when armed with a heavy bolter. Even the standard gear seems OP compared to DH and RT

We played Black Shields so there were no chapters but when you get an assault marine that roleplays like a madman, 2 dev's with heavy bolters and a librarian that just seems to get the luck of the emperor with every rolls it becomes a blood bath. These guys had high level NPC's and creature thrown at them and just didn't budge

If you want some real fun with this try out a Jungle Deathworld where you have to basically shoot everything to survive, plants bigger than men, mosquito's that are so big their stingers are the size of a human arm and tigers that are as big as elephants it become the funniest and most insane game you will ever play