PDA

View Full Version : new to 40k starting blood angels army and have some questins

xxkillerxxwi
10-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Hey,

so im very nwe to 40k and im starting a blood angels army and i have some questions heres what im thinking of building my army to consist of. (keep in mind people in my area generaly ply 2000 points)

HQ
astorath the grim
the sanguinor

ELITES
sanguinary guard
sanguinary priest
terminator assaultsquad

TROOPS
2 assault squads
2death company- my first question is can i use lamartes as a troop with my d.c. since i already have 2 hq's?
2D.C. dreadnoughts

TRANSPORT
D.C. rhino

FAST ATTACK
baal pred

HEAVY SUPORT
whirlwind

dose this seem like a good choice to you? like i said im very new to 40k
and as i aske can i use lamartes with my death company? my codex says you can add him to the D.C. as a troop but i dont know if that is affected by already having two hq's already or not.
your help and opinions would be much apriciatde thanks guys.

sangrail777
10-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Yes you can still use Lemartes in this list. He does not count agsainst your HQ slots. pages 43 & 88 BA codex.
Is one DC sq. gonna have jump packs?
How about Sanguinary Gaurd instead of the termies. Same point cost, same armour, (master crafeted pw vs. lighting claws) , jump packs to go along with your Sanguinar, and lets not forget Descent of Angels.

fuzzbuket
10-02-2010, 03:09 AM
he does have a squad and two is a bit OTT

yes you can run leramtes

id also say a scout/tactical/dev squadcause that whirlwind by itself is asking for infaltrators DS melttabombs!

and put both dreads in a pod by the assault squad a pod and drop in 2dc dreads first turn ^_^

xxkillerxxwi
10-02-2010, 09:43 AM
awsome thanks guys youve helpd me more than you know and yeah i also thought my w.w. might need some protection but it dose attack from 12-48" so I can keep a little distance with it and yeah i was also thinking of drop poding my dreds. thanks again guys oh and yeah jump packs are gonna be used where ever possible

sangrail777
10-02-2010, 02:30 PM
yo fuzz, ta hell with OTT. You could say that his 2 of anything but who cares just cuz ya have 2 of something in a list isn't bad. I run 5 sang. gaurd. Nothin wrong with it. so chill. Let him choose.

xxkillerxxwi
10-02-2010, 04:18 PM
you have a good point 2 of the san guard would be just devastaiting cuz there some of the best in the whole army im definatly considering it thanks again

xxkillerxxwi
10-02-2010, 06:36 PM
yeah i have decided to run 2 san.guards cuz I want to attach the san.priest to one and the sanguinor to the other

Duke
10-02-2010, 07:29 PM
Just a tip: sanguinor can't be attatched to a squad, he isn't an independent character (he is a squad of one).

Hope this helps a bit. If you want more tips feel free to keep asking.

Duke

fuzzbuket
10-03-2010, 01:42 AM
okay its just if your doing sang guard do the whole thing. v.s. Las or plas they die horribly, so if everything is in razorbaacks well..

i find termies to be a valid chocie due to being good at fire suport AND CC

but if you want 600pts on 10 sang well. its your choice!

-fuzz

lowdog
10-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Unless you are using lightning claws on those terms with the priest, I would swap the assault terms for standard shooty terms. With Sang Guard, 2 assault squads, and death company and the DC dreds you have lots of assault power. Normal terms will still be good in combat with their powerfists, but their stormbolters and maybe a heavy weapon can help balance out some firepower.

Duke
10-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Since this has evolved into more of a tactics thread than a rules thread I am moving it to the tactics area... Please continue to post and help this new brother with his army

Duke