PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Heresy World Eaters 750pts 1000pts and 1500pts

bocaj
10-02-2010, 05:23 PM
So im starting a pre heresy world eaters force as my 3rd 40k army. This will be fluffy (except of jump packs and aumor) and hopefully a good army. Ive made 3 lists 750, 1000 and 1500.

750 list:
1 Captain Jump Pack,BP/LC

1 Sanguinary Priest JP/BP/CCW

10 Assault Marines 2 Meltas, Power Fist/BP

10 Assault Marines 2 Flamers, Power Fist/BP

1000 list:
1 Captain Jump Pack, BP/LC

1 Sanguinary Priest JP/BP/PW

1500 list:
1 Captain Jump Pack, BP/LC

1 Reclusiarch Power Fist, Jump Pack

9 Death Company Power Fist, Drop Pod

These lists are meant to be agressive as the WE way. These all can deepstrike or run up the board quickly except the DC who will just get thrown down n let out the cage n let loose. So Cs&Cs wanted :)

the jeske
10-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I normaly dont do this, but fluff wise WE were never know for their mass use of jump packs. So while the idea of a jump pack army may not be bad per se[I get on the list later] , it doesnt realy fit the fluff. other legions had units of "raptors"/jump pack troops , but they were few and outside of NL never used in big formations.

But as I said normaly I dont do fluff , so back to the list.
DO NOT TAKE A CPT. he sucks . gives absolutly nothing to a BA army , is not cheaper then other options ,he does not buff the army , he aint good in hth. As the list is already counts as go with Astaroth [+4 chance to get FC] or a normal chappy. He can be your "captin".

give the priest power weapons. now fists are great , every unit that can use them and goes HtH should have at least one , but they are so good because they have 7-9 bodies that catch hits before they die. A priest is a IC , he can be singled out . which means you want to do everything to minimize the chance of him kicking the bucket or at least forcing your opponents to focus fire/attacks on them. being able to throw 3 power attacks at str 5 I5 on the charge does help him survive.

as DC goes. well we know that WE even before the heresy were mindless lobotomised automatons[at least the non terran ones and later all that were alive] , but DC sucks. you cant control them are to be honest they arent that great in HtH and when they are they cost a lot of points[which is bad for a unit you cant control]. why not go for something that could actualy help the list a VV squad with 2 meltas and a fist and power weapon or a 10 man sternguard unit in a pod with 6-8 combi weapons [combat squad after drop pod land and smoke two tanks/transports]. jump pack less DC land and do nothing for a turn [well maybe eat the ocasional pie plate ] and then they have to foot slogg . even a tac can drive away from them and a speeder or something simiular could be kiteing them all game.

cobra6
10-04-2010, 08:15 PM
@ jeske - I dunno, there's alot of WE's wearing jump packs in the HH art books.. I agree that they weren't as prevalent as they were in the BA's and NL's, but they seem to be de rigeur for WE assault squads.

I wholeheartedly agree with all other advice, but I would be inclined to say that you just have to have counts-as DC in a PHWE army. They may suck, I'll grant you that, but for any WE army to not have at least a few uncontrollable nut-jobs running around would be pretty weak, IMO.