PDA

View Full Version : Hard *** Chaos list

danman
10-05-2010, 02:44 AM
I wanted to make a list with the units that are tough to kill. With the exception of the lesser deamons each of these units will be a pain to kill.

Daemon Prince,wings,psychic power(30pts),Mark of Slaanesh
Greater Deamon

5 Terminators 5 combi weapons aspiring champion + icon of chaos glory
5 Terminators 5 combi weapons aspiring champion + Icon of chaos glory

7 plague marines + aspiring champ + personal icon and rhino
7 lesser deamons
7 lesser deamons

2 obliterators

I think fast armies like dark/eldar will be the problem here even with daemon princes with wings. none the less lots of pain here and bloody hard to kill. Only two rhinos is a problem but if lascannons and autocannons are shooting them instead of the daemon princes does that = lose?

eagleboy7259
10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
First off, what points level is this? It'd be easier to critique if we knew how many points we were dealing with. With that HQ set up, it kind of reminds me of the Chaozilla list that's floating around. You could easily get in more armor if you use Dreadnoughts and Defilers. They kind of fit the in-your-face feel that you have going with the Demon Princes and Greater Demons.

Sooller
10-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Greater Deamon

Good choice on the HQ with the 2 DP's. I assume the psychic power will be Lash of submission (a must have).

Although not a fan of the Greater Daemon, once it deepstrikes it is too slow and easily avoided. I would drop it.

5 Terminators 5 combi weapons aspiring champion + icon of chaos glory
5 Terminators 5 combi weapons aspiring champion + Icon of chaos glory

I am not a fan of terminators. They are too expensive and too slow. The only way I see them viable is in a termicide setup ( 3 terminators + 3 combi melta gun) to deepstrike and destroy some vehicles.

7 lesser deamons
7 lesser deamons

Plague marines are the best - but I recommend a slightly different setup. 5 plague marines + 2 melta guns, Icon and Rhino.

In this setup they are best used to screen your assault troops and try and pop some vehicles by shooting with the melta's from the rhino. With the icon they are also a very good delivery mechanism for your deepstrikers.

Lesser daemons are nice but 7 is too little tbh - I would go than for one unit with 12 or 14.

2 obliterators

These are my favorite unit in the codex. I take as many as possible. Have them deepstrike near vehicles, use melta/multi-melta and in second round on the board, melta + assault vehicles.

I think fast armies like dark/eldar will be the problem here even with daemon princes with wings. none the less lots of pain here and bloody hard to kill. Only two rhinos is a problem but if lascannons and autocannons are shooting them instead of the daemon princes does that = lose?

It is not a bad list tbh - but it lacks mobility and too many deepstrikers, so with some bad luck you bring them in as piece meals while the idea behind a chaos army imho is to rush forward and make every single unit in your army support this strategy, with target saturation being your friend.

Overall I would recommend to:

drop:
great daemon
terminators

add:
2-3 obliterators
2x khorne berzekers (7 zekers, champ, power first, icon rhino)

With 4 rhino's rushing forward and popping smoke, 2 DP's taking cover behind the rhino's - you have an excellent assault force with 6 targets all of them in cover save.

In round 2+ you will add more targets and confusion with deepstriking lesser daemons / obliterators.

The plague marines/oblits you can use to pop transports/tanks, and the lash is ideal to pull troops closer so you can quicker in assault range with your zekers/daemon princes.

mirkins
10-06-2010, 07:25 AM
You are completely right
http://essaywritingservices.org/index.php

rhithious
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
I would drop the termies in favor for 4 nurgle termies and Typhus (instead of greater demon) in a land raider.
That set up helped me wipe out half of a Tau/IG army in a team battle.

Nikephoros
10-13-2010, 05:29 PM
I would drop the termies in favor for 4 nurgle termies and Typhus (instead of greater demon) in a land raider.
That set up helped me wipe out half of a Tau/IG army in a team battle.

Do this if you want to make a Nurgle fluff list. Dont do this if you want to win games.