PDA

View Full Version : Upset about the lack of accessory sprue and price of Demolisher

BigBols
08-20-2009, 09:20 PM
I told myself to just forget about prices and buy what I need and enjoy the game, but the price of the Demolisher really pisses me off. It's a nice kit, but I love the accessory sprue for Leman Russes and Chimeras. I just feel cheated somehow. The current chimera has a zillion sprues and is $35. US. GW could have thrown the accessory sprue in the Demolisher. Even if I don't field it, I love the look of the heavy stubber, track guards, and dozer blade, not to mention all the other stuff. The demolisher is $50. US and is molded on two sprues. I'm not even asking GW to lower the ridiculous price, I just want a third sprue for the price. It's a minimal cost to them and there's no way in hell that I'm going to buy it online for $15. That sucks. So... I bought a bunch of Chimeras and will split the accessory sprues with my demolishers as needed. I want to hear an amen from you newer IG players.

Zigmunth
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
on a different note... Razroback vs Rhino box. I wish I knew earlier! I wouldn't buy any Rhinos. same price (AFAIK) and extra guns and bitz! Where's logic?

Same thing probably happened to Demolisher... they want you to buy the other box anyway to get bitz you need. Leaves you with plenty bitz to make conversions with.

Mystery.Shadow
08-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Ask any Tau player about buying a Hammerhead.

Forget that! Buy Skyrays!!

SAME Price?! You can make a Hammerhead (complete!) with a Skyray box AND have lots of cool bitz!? Dude....

Batman
08-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I noticed something about planetstrike bastions recently:
A regular old imperial bastion costs $29.75. GW also makes Chaos bastions, which seem to simply be regular bastions but with 2 spiky bits sprues.
They cost $45.75.
16 dollars. For 2 spiky bits sprues.
Honestly, why even sell them? Every Chaos player should have at least ONE spiky bits sprue that they haven't completely used. Compared to this, everything GW's done in the past seems at least SOMEWHAT reasonable. This is just ridiculous.
Rant over.
(If people have noticed and elaborated on this already, sorry for the redundancy.)

Zigmunth
08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Ask any Tau player about buying a Hammerhead.

Forget that! Buy Skyrays!!

SAME Price?! You can make a Hammerhead (complete!) with a Skyray box AND have lots of cool bitz!? Dude....

why do you shout so much dude? :D

Drunkencorgimaster
08-21-2009, 05:44 AM

The un-freezing process left him with no inner monologue.

Mystery.Shadow
08-21-2009, 07:38 AM

If you were to come into ANY G.W. Store you'd swear that's how everyone speaks. :P

Herald of Nurgle
08-21-2009, 07:39 AM
If you were to come into ANY G.W. Store you'd swear that's how everyone speaks. :P
Well, everyone else I know at least :P ;)

Zigmunth
08-21-2009, 08:05 AM

well i worked in one, and yes... that might be true actualy :D

TSINI
08-21-2009, 11:27 AM
really? does the demolisher not come with the accessories sprue? have they decided that all the extra guns is compensation enough?

so does that mean no crew parts/smoke launchers/dozer/ searchlight etc in the box?

Aldramelech
08-21-2009, 11:40 AM
I wondered why when in my local GW they were giving me the serious hard sell. All I got was easy to assemble this, easy to assemble that, Glad I didnt bother! lol

The Green Git
08-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Totally with you. Ease of assembly means nothing to me... the old LR kit is easy to assemble as is. I'll take the extra bits please. Oh, don't get me wrong... I'll buy one so I can have the extra bits. Can make at least three tank variants with the LR kits already on the shelf. ;)

BigBols
08-21-2009, 12:08 PM

I didn't realize you got the hammerhead bits with the skyray. That's at least a bonus. The bits from the demolisher are a subtraction. (I'm not sure, but I thought you got the accessories with the previous release) I have a feelinig that future realeases of tanks will cut out extra bits. Thats why I bought a bunch of Chimeras recently. I'm scared that when they re release it, it will be minus all the accessories. And they'll probably raise the price 'cause you can make it a 'command' version. Whup-de-doo, I can already do that. I don't mind gluing in all the wheels, I want the bits.

I replied to the wrong post, sorry

darth_papi76
08-21-2009, 06:56 PM
I believe that the previous Demolisher kit came with the accessory sprue and it sold for $50. So now if you want to get a "complete" demolisher, its going to cost you over $65. It's a crappy way for them to raise prices.