Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns

FAST ATTACK

Baal Predator - 115 TL Assault Cannon
x 3 - 345

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator - 115 TL Lascannon
x3 - 345

Total - 2410

Basic plan is to reserve everything, possibly have the baals outflank. The Libs and Priests will go with the jump troops, who can combat squad if its objectives or not if it's kill points. With descent of angels re-rolls most of the army should be coming in turn 2. Dreds can use wings to keep up with the preds and give them cover save bubbles, while the libs with packs give cover saves to the deep striking assault troops and outflanking baals (plus FNP from the priests).

Now, there are still 90 unspent points. Options for this are

Option 1 = 3rd Sanguinary Priest

Option 2 = 5 Scouts with camo cloaks and sniper rifle

Option 3 = upgrade the las preds to vindicators.

Option 4 = upgrade all 6 preds to have extra armor

Option 1 seems almost overkill with the 2 priests already (and kinda throws off the 4 ICS to 4 squads symmetry).

Option 2 gives me another scoring unit, but with everything else in reserve they will be stuck out there with an entire army shooting at them for a turn or two with no back up.

Option 3 has the problem of vind templates scattering onto my people.

Thoughts?

Death
10-14-2010, 02:30 PM
I personal don't like power weapons with priests because most of the time they are going to be singled out in close combat and killed anyways (unless you hid them in the back!)

as for the Predators with the TL Lascannon why would you not keep the autocannon on top and shoot 2 lascannons from side sponsons instead? giving you more shots! and with your list you should be able to get side armor because with flanking baal's and deep striking meltas your opponent will not know what way to face.

I would DO this at 2500
(15 points over but you can cut one flamer sidesponson and put 2 dozer blades on baals)
HQ

Librarian - 125
Jump Pack, Sword and Shield powers

Librarian - 125
Jump Pack, Sword and Shield

ELITE

Librarian Furioso - 175
Wings, Shield

Librarian Furioso - 175
Wings, Shield

2 Sanguinary Priests - 150
Jump Pack,

TROOPS - 4 squads of:

10 Assault Marines - 235
Powerfist, 2 Meltaguns

FAST ATTACK

Baal Predator - 140 TL Assault Cannon with flamer sidesponsons
x 3 - 420

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator - 135 Autocannon with Lascannon sidesponsons
x3 - 405

Total - 2515

Tynskel
10-14-2010, 07:33 PM
another easy fix is to make one assault squad be a power weapon, flamers, and a melta bombs.