PDA

View Full Version : Are Tyranids fearless when in synapse range?

foostoofoo
08-21-2009, 04:56 AM
Now I know the answer will be obvious to the majority of you, and you'll be saying to yourselves of course they are, read the codex. Well I have and in the synapse section it never says it makes your men fearless, it says they pass all pinning and morale checks (or something along them lines). So your saying well it's the same thing, well me and a friend came across this situation:

A unit of gaunts charged my terminators the gaunts lost combat, my friend was saying technically they aren't fearless, but I do pass my tests automatically, so do I have to take my armour saves by the amount I lost by still? We discussed it for a minute or two, in the end my friend was very sporting and agreed they count as being fearless.

But what do you guys think?

Yhcrana
08-21-2009, 05:03 AM
thats how I always played it, i dont have the book on me but my first response was yes they are or count as being fearless for the purposes of losing combat etc

Chumbalaya
08-21-2009, 06:14 AM
They automatically pass so they still suffer no retreat.

drummerholt1234
08-21-2009, 06:16 AM
They are not fearless but they pass all Ld test. So according to the no retreat rule in CC resolution section they take wounds for losing combat. The NR rule says nothing of fearless, it only says that units that automatically pass Ld tests take the extra wounds.