PDA

View Full Version : Crisis - Dark Heresy Character Miniature

Abominable Plague Marine
08-21-2009, 04:58 AM
Just a quick one from me, this is my latest effort for a present I got for a friend for his Dark Heresy miniature. He is nick-named Crisis as everytime he uses a psykic power, a crisis ensues!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/robkingofsnake/Gygax/Crisis1.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/robkingofsnake/Gygax/Crisis2.jpg

Enjoy!

Slann
08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
looks good but the eye in the staff could be done a lot better and it seems like you have the skill to pull it off , it all looks good but my eye get drawn to the staff topper .

Hit the ball in the center off with black , than paint half of it red , than do a half moon of orange along the bottom , than a tiny white dot off center near the top .

Abominable Plague Marine
08-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Cheers for the comments, it is certainly something I have to work on. That was honestly my first attempt, and now Im starting to push myself.

Aegis
08-22-2009, 07:58 AM
I particularly like the coat. What did you use? Mine never come out the way I want, either looking to shiny/dirty/blue...

Abominable Plague Marine
08-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks Aegis. The coat is a pretty simple combination of GW foundation paints. The outer is Ork Hide with a very subtle highlight of Knarloc. The inside (from memory) is also Knarloc. The weathering on the bottom edge is Charadon Granite (my new favourite colour to make everything look "earthy"). From there, the whole miniature gets a bath of Woodland Scenics Earth Colours Black Liquid Pigment (watered down somewhat).

Aegis
08-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks... Also, I have been loving the Charadon as well.

Culial
08-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Great looking mini!

Mind if I ask what your skin recipe is?
I'm painting up a converted Lysander model for a painting competition at my local GW next month (really giving it my all, spent 2 days so far just on the base!), and I've been fretting about the face as I've never really painted bare heads before apart from a few quick-n-dirty Scouts!
Your Crisis has a great 'I've fought the foes of the Emperor under a hundred different suns' kind of feel to it, I love it!

Abominable Plague Marine
08-31-2009, 04:04 AM
Man, you are testing my memory here. I dont normally write down what Ive used for one off miniatures, but Im pretty sure of the following!

Tallarn Flesh base....
Ogryn Flesh wash....
Tallarn Flesh high lights....
I use something called Woodland Scenics Earth Colors Black Liquid Pigment (40/60 water mix), but you could probably pull the same effect off with successive coats of Badab Black in the areas you wish to darken.

Good luck with the comp and let us see your wares! and let us know the results!

Culial
08-31-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks for that!

This Woodland Scenics concoction you speak of, looks like I'll have to head out and find some, especially if that's wht's given Crisis the cool iron-looking effect on the armour.
Once again, great work and thanks for your help :)

Abominable Plague Marine
08-31-2009, 06:58 AM
haha, it is, and it does! I think it comes in a couple of other colours as well but I havent had the opportunity to try them out, but I have seen some of the results, check out my mates blog!

http://onyxworkshop.wordpress.com/category/my-hobby/

dashrendar
09-01-2009, 01:00 PM
looks really good!

SonsOfLoki
09-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Nice paint job on the primaris