PDA

View Full Version : Wych cult 1500

Mal
10-09-2010, 05:30 PM
I've been playing around with my Kabalite forces of late, and i've decided that I want to be a little nastier than I currently am.

Kabalite armies are really good if you can control the games shooting phases, which is easier said then done, espically if you don't get first turn.

So my answer to this is a Wych cult army, my opponents are starting to throw an ungodly amount of fire power at my single wych unit... and understandably... Today alone my wyches killed an Eldar avatar before it got to strike back, they also killed a deamon prince and chaos lord (in joint combat) and they pretty much kill any unit they get into combat with... infact the only time I lost them was when my opponent managed to get 5 different units in combat with them and simply overwhelmed them with buckets of dice. (I even had 2 wyches who survived a bladestorm get charged by the dire avengers and proced to beat them in combat and run them down).

Well if my opponents have such a hard time with 1 wych unit... how about 5 of them with one led by lelith and one by a wych dracite... and a pair of dissy ravagers for fire support...

Lelith
7 wyches (wych weapons)
wych succubus (agoniser, pistol, plasma grenade)
raider (disintegrator)

Wych dracite (agoniser, pistol)
7 wyches (wych weapons)
wych succubus (agoniser, pistol, plasma grenade, combat drugs)
raider (disintegrator)

8 wyches (wych weapons)
wych succubus (agoniser, pistol, plasma grenade, goblet of spite, combat drugs)
raider (disintegrator)

8 wyches (wych weapons)
raider (disintegrator)

8 wyches (wych weapons)
raider (disintegrator)

Ravager (disintegrator x2, dark lance)

Ravager (disintegrator x2, dark lance)

I know the list is some what short on lance and AT weaponry but the way I figure it I can run circles around the raider with what ever option is inside and I can use the drugs to get Str 4 to glance rear armour with other tanks by massed attacks if it really comes down to that.

Im finding now that people are starting to take more and more troop heavy armies to counter me... so im going to counter their counter.

Let me know what you think, any areas for improvement?

w7west
10-11-2010, 09:38 AM
That list looks pretty nasty mal, and I am glad you are taking a liking to the wyches! This army will shred anything that gets knocked out of their transport, and against non mech lists... forget about it! The combination of dissies and wyches is just too good.

One thing I would think about is that a blaster is a mere 5 point upgrade for wyche units, 10 for 2 as I am sure you already know. A lot of the time wyches forgo shooting in order to get better assault positions, but for 10 points 2x blaster really is such a steal. Blasters turn your assault beasts into assault / anti-tank / even better at killing termies.

Also I would consider keeping the lances on the raiders, since you are already going to murder anything on foot with 6x dissie, wyches, and lelith.

edit: just noticed the vect setup on the ravagers. I have never used this setup as I either go 3x dissie or 3x dl if more lances are needed. Don't have any experience with it so I cannot bash it, but I can say that 3x dissie on a ravager is murderous.

Mal
10-11-2010, 11:46 AM
I did consider that, but for the first turn my transports will be pulling ahead too fast to shoot and will likely get a face full of AT in my opponents next turn... I don't expect many to survive, the dissys on them are for when I face reserve armies... which tend to be main foot based anyway.

As for the 2/1 on the ravagers, well the I kind of... ermm... ran out of points :p

I may drop the dissys on the raiders, make the ravagers 3 dissy deathboats and that will leave me with 15 points... hmm mabey drop the drugs on the dracits unit (they really don't need any more combat bonuses) so I'll have 40 points, give all 3 troop wyches 2 blasters and the dracites unit 2 blasters... leliths unit will be going for nice juicy targets from turn 1 so they definately wont be tank hunting.

So the list will be:

Lelith
7 wyches (wych weapons)
raider

Wych dracite (agoniser, pistol)
7 wyches (wych weapons, blaster x2)
raider

8 wyches (wych weapons, blaster x2)
wych succubus (agoniser, pistol, plasma grenade, goblet of spite, combat drugs)
raider

raider

raider

Ravager (disintegrator x3)

Ravager (disintegrator x3)