PDA

View Full Version : HE 2k list

gcsmith
10-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Right So I'm trying to build an evil little list that can take on basically anything.
So heres what I got

Teclis (475) Reason for taking him is he is a right evil git, If you manage to get 6 dice for a spell He is practically immune to scrolls with any double irresistible force. Plus one of his sneaky rules is choosing lore before game starts not having to put it in the list. So he can choose any lore dependant on opponent, however the most likely lore to take will be life.

4 Units of 10 Seaguard with sheilds and banner and musician (580) No champion as the main use of these units are providing MSU and range cover. Reason Im using seaguard over archers is I love the models and an army must look nice and not just be powerful.

28 Pheonix guard, full command and standard of balance. (495) These guys as obvious are my anvil. However with 29 s4 asf attacks due to horde they will also pose quite a bit of a hammer. Standard of balance is quite a good choice I think as mainly it will be the special rules that will cause me pain like extra attacks due to frenzy so breaking that is quite good. That and being immune to panic tests. EPIC.

Now below here is where the list becomes hazy. before this the total is 1550

Now I was thinking of having 2 units of 10 dragon princes, able to take out war machines and flank the enemy therefore because of that they would be bare bones

so 2 units of 5 dragon princes (300) Therefore the list is 1850 atm

so for my last 150 points I was thinking of the following.

Battle standard bearer with great weapon, talisman of loec, dragon armour (134)

Now this means that im at 1984, A nice number really.

Anyway How do you guys think this list looks, and how do you think it would faire?

gcsmith
10-11-2010, 05:04 AM
any advice at all?

Folcard
10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Very nice army list, but I would recommend that you add in a bolt thrower (if the rules havn't changed for them since 7th ed) as that would help against large blocks of heavy armoured troops like ironbreakers or chaos warriors which could (perhaps) cause you problems if they engage your seaguard.

gcsmith
10-11-2010, 10:30 AM
perhaps. but I cant really lose anything for one, and if i fight them, teclis can take lore of metal.

Folcard
10-11-2010, 11:02 AM
:D then as far as I can tell you should do well

urzoon
10-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Why 28 and not 30 guard? Also I see alot of peoples list with the sea guard and spearmen in usits of 10 this makes no since to me at all. put your 4 units into 2 lose the extra comand. will u have less units yes but at least they r a threat now with 20 atacks. I also agree with trying to put in a bolt thrower or two even telices with lore of metal will not be able to handel a dwarf or empire artiliry especially an organ gun or volly gun and your knights r toast.

gcsmith
10-12-2010, 09:22 AM
The reason for 28 is its cheaper than 30 but makes 30 with chars in it, Reason for multiple units is because they are harder to destroy from shooting, Which is what they are aiming for, to shoot and survive being shot, however I took seaguard because for 2 points more than archers i get 2 points of save better allowing me to survive some shooting to return more and because they are more effective in combat IF they get engaged.

I will however admit on thinking of getting rid of one unit of DP and putting in 3 Eagles to help get rid of warmachines.