PDA

View Full Version : 1850 IG Airborne List

Grubbslinger
10-11-2010, 11:07 AM
This is a new list I set up after thinking about it a little more and talking it over with some local people. I decided on the Exterminator for troops and light transport popping rather then a Punisher which is really a one trick pony. Also, I split up the two flyers into two groups, tank hunters with melta on the Vendetta , and troop killers with plasma on the Valks. Demos goes one with each. Also had some more regular guys to try and flesh out my troops and give them a little more fire power from a static position.

HQ
Company Command Squad -Astropath- x4 flamer-PW= 110

Fast Attack
Vendetta x2=260
Valkyrie x2-Multiple Rocket Pods= 260

Troops
Veteran squad x4-6x melta-6x Plasma-Demolitions x2=490

Platoon Command w/ PF -5x Troops- Commyw/ PW- Autocannon x3-Lascannon x2= 410

Heavy Support
Demolisher- 165

Exterminator- 150

Total- 1845
I like the list a lot, I think its pretty balanced but as usual any advice is great! Thanks guys!

sierm02
10-11-2010, 06:57 PM
It's been about a year since I've got a game in, but appears to me that once your vets are deployed and accomplish their primary missions, they'll be schacked the following turn.

Not sure what METAgame is being run where you are gaming, but if there are horde armies (Nids, Orks or Horde IG), you could face problems dealing with body counts. Exterminator is money for the points, but it'll become a popular choice to whack. Ranged firepower on the deck will be an issue, but so long as your birds stay in the air, you shouldn't have a problem.

Much like Fantasy, flying things scare people and are targeted heavily. You have four, but squadron rules can save or tank them. Again, don't know what the META is where you are.

I like the tough vets, but they are soft in cc and even more so on the ground unsupported.

Slug
10-11-2010, 11:15 PM
I run a similar sort of list with my guard. at 1000 points i have 2 Valkyries and two veteran squads each with demolitions, 2 melta guns and a heavy flamer. I do however run allot more regulars, i have 2 platoons of three all with snipers. I essentially go with a hammer and anvil style play sending the veterans around the back of their army and killing anything large and scary whilst being able to push up against the front of the army with the main force. the Valkyries then try to move the veterans either to new targets or back to the main force.
I like the idea but i think that you have too many points invested in the valkyries and not enough regular troops to soak up their main units and keep their attention away from the veterans, still if you like the idea of large aerial drops go for it.