PDA

View Full Version : Our crazy library system

gwensdad
08-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Got talked into reading the Horus Heresy series and decided to get it from the local library. They had Horus Rising, read it, liked it, moved on to False Gods, read it, liked it....

And then they don't have the next two BUT they have everything after it.

Just felt a mini urge to rant there. But I did get the library to order Galaxy in Flames and it should be in a week or so.

Schnitzel
08-21-2009, 07:20 PM
I love this! You can shell out the cash for the models, but for books you'd rather borrow. :p
IMHO, books have more value than any number of models. But then again, I'm more addicted to collecting books than plastic crack. I'm addicted to both pretty bad.... help me....

Slaanesh
08-21-2009, 07:25 PM
i own almost every single warhammer novel out there.......the idea of reading one someone else had handeled and probley destroyed escapes me! if you spend 30 dollars on one model spend 10 bucks on a book! the book LASTS longer and provides more entertainment! (The fact i work for a book company and get 30% off all books helps though ;)

gwensdad
08-21-2009, 10:21 PM
1) It's my tax money
2) The library is around the corner.
3) I can suggest book series to others and if they don't want to buy it say "get it from the library." Then they end up buying it anyway.
4) My mother was a librarian. I worked at the audio library at my work and worked at the one at my university. Libraries=good. Support yours.
5) We've got a ton of books here already. To get more paperbacks in here would require negotiating with the wife to remove some of her books. (hint: victory would be impossible)

I'm sure I can come up with more but I'm tired after getting my *** kicked by 2000 pts of Grey Knights in Land Raiders.

imperialsavant
08-21-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm sure I can come up with more but I'm tired after getting my *** kicked by 2000 pts of Grey Knights in Land Raiders.[/QUOTE]

:) You obviously need MORE LASCANNONS!;)

Aldramelech
08-21-2009, 11:47 PM
I feel your pain! Although not related to the Hobby, I decided to watch "The Wire". Went to the Video shop and hired season 1 DVD, liked it, hired season 2, went back for season three..... "we never had that one" the spotty oik behind the counter tells me! "We've got season 4 and 5". Not much good to me is it?

Your Library's must be OK though, you'd never find anything from The Black Library in an English one.

Denzark
08-22-2009, 02:04 AM
I feel your pain! Although not related to the Hobby, I decided to watch "The Wire". Went to the Video shop and hired season 1 DVD, liked it, hired season 2, went back for season three..... "we never had that one" the spotty oik behind the counter tells me! "We've got season 4 and 5". Not much good to me is it?

Your Library's must be OK though, you'd never find anything from The Black Library in an English one.

Aldramelech thats harsh - my mum is a library manager and long term 'borrowed' me several gems of BL through the system to send to me on a recent visit to a sandy place at HM's pleasure...

Aldramelech
08-22-2009, 04:56 AM
Never seen any at Exeter Library, yours must be particularly enlightened:)

Ignatius
09-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Libraries get kind of upset when you don't return the books . Hey its my tax money its my book is not a valid excuse with an irate librarian. Thats why I buy my books. My wife wants to garage sale some of my books but thats to much like selling my kids. ( I think selling my kids might be easier on me):rolleyes:Hmmmm more books and more plastic????