PDA

View Full Version : 1500 pt emperors children in need of an HQ

alx_152
10-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Hi,
for a specific scenario I'm contemplating the following:

4 squads of 10 noise marines
champion has power weapon and doomsiren, the rest has 1 blastmaster and 8 sonic bolters.

That leaves me 200 points for a fitting and fluffy HQ. It is supposed to be a fun battle, not a "I need to win" battle.

The scenario limits me to saves of 3+ and a max move of 6" (so no jumppacks, terminator armour etc, and no vehicles.

Does anyone have any ideas for a fitting HQ to lead these 4 squads to their doom against Space Puppies?

Thanx

Duncndisorderly
10-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Luscius the Eternal, good HQ choice and fits nicely with the emporers children fluff

Connjurus
10-12-2010, 02:22 AM
I'd say you take a Chaos Lord with a Blissgiver on foot - that's always a good choice, in themed fun lists, or in competitive play if you beef him up a bit more.

blackarmchair
10-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I agree, Lucius is awesome.

Blastmasters however are not. I'd consider dropping them.

Lockark
10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Drop the sonic Blasters. They really aren't worth the points. Doom sirens+Blastmasters have worked for me. Since you can sit back in rhinos hitting guys with thows AP3 blasts. If they get to close you can charge them with the AP3 heavy flamer.

The trick is you need oblit spam to crack open the transports so the blast masters have a target.

Scors in the noise marien units to lash guys for oblit Plasma cannon spam is also nice.

alx_152
10-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Like I said, it a specific scenario, meant for a fun battle.
So I do not need to worry about transports. Since they are not allowed. Same as 2+ saves.

My opponent will also only be fielding power armored marines.

Last time we played this scenario, his marines where only armed with bolters vs my IG horde. Needless to say he lost and he'll be wanting some serious payback.

Lucius is a nice option, but that leaves me with 40 points, for which I cannot buy anything, since a spawn is a beast and therefor not allowed.

A sorcerer with lash of a blissgiver lord are roughly about the same points value.

So I'm thinking of reducing the size of my squads to fit in a second HQ or another unit or both.
If I reduce the size of the squads to 9, I can field Lucius and a sorcerer with Lash.