PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Blood Angels

Duncndisorderly
10-12-2010, 02:15 AM
I've been trying out lots of different setups to get a decent balance with my Blood Angels and have come up with this list, anyone got any suggestions on where/how to improve?? its been designed for a local league, 1500pt limit and opponents include orks, nids, chaos and eldar

HQ
Librarian in Terminator Armour with Storm Bolter
130pts

Elites
Furioso Dread with twin Blood Claws and Heavy flamer
135pts
Sternguard Squad with Razorback Transport including twin linked autocannon
220pts

Heavy
Vindicator
145pts
Devastator Squad including 2 missilie lauchers, 1 heavy bolter, 1 lascannon
145pts

Troops
2 ten man tactical squads with a powerfist for seargant in each squad
one squad to also carry a lascannon and flamer
the other squad to carry a melta, flamer and rhino transport
465pts

5 man death company including drop pod
135pts
1 death company dreadnought with twin blood claws
125 pts

1500pts total

lowdog
10-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Here are my concerns:

1) You are taking Terminator Armor on the Librarian without any other terminators. This means he can't join a squad with a rhino or razorback as TErminators can't embark those transports. So either he's off on his own or sitting with the Devastators, when BA Librarian powers need to get up close and personal. You could directly swap out the sternguard for some assault termies (4 with TH/SS and Sgt with claws), and have them all deepstrike.

2) No assault marines? I admire your commitment to variety by not going full assault marine (like I would do), but going pure tactical? You have jump troops as a troop choice, you should take at least one squad to utilize that. It seems almost like you're going for a shooty army when vanilla marines do it better.

3) It looks like you're taking 5 Death Company with no upgrades just to get to the DC dred. If you're taking Death Company I'd bump up the squad and get some power weapons or fists to help them do their job. 135 pts for a podding suicide distraction just to get to the DC dred doesn't seem efficient when the DC dred isn't that much better than the plain furioso dred, or just taking a librarian dred.

Tynskel
10-12-2010, 09:24 AM
The libby could go with the Death Co. in the Drop Pod.

Tynskel
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM
overall--

I think your list screams Tycho.

He's the tactical captain, and personally, he's better than any other Tactical Captain option in all the Space Marine Codexes (maybe not Helbrecht).

lowdog
10-12-2010, 09:36 AM
overall--

I think your list screams Tycho.

Good call, Tycho's awesome. I would still swap out the sternguard for an honor guard to go with him though if you can find the points.

Duncndisorderly
10-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Here are my concerns:

1) You are taking Terminator Armor on the Librarian without any other terminators. This means he can't join a squad with a rhino or razorback as TErminators can't embark those transports. So either he's off on his own or sitting with the Devastators, when BA Librarian powers need to get up close and personal. You could directly swap out the sternguard for some assault termies (4 with TH/SS and Sgt with claws), and have them all deepstrike.

2) No assault marines? I admire your commitment to variety by not going full assault marine (like I would do), but going pure tactical? You have jump troops as a troop choice, you should take at least one squad to utilize that. It seems almost like you're going for a shooty army when vanilla marines do it better.

3) It looks like you're taking 5 Death Company with no upgrades just to get to the DC dred. If you're taking Death Company I'd bump up the squad and get some power weapons or fists to help them do their job. 135 pts for a podding suicide distraction just to get to the DC dred doesn't seem efficient when the DC dred isn't that much better than the plain furioso dred, or just taking a librarian dred.

Thanks for the advice, by way of explanation
1) I picked the Libby with termie armour just for the invunerable save which in hindsight was pretty stupid as it does limit his options, so thats a definate change to make one way or another, i must admit a squad or terminators does sound very appealing

2) Having shown my list round a few guys at the local GW they also agree that to not have an assault squad is not playing to the BA strength and in hindsight I tend to agree so thanks again

3)Your quite right in so far as i picked the DC just for the dread, the blood claws are awesome although a furioso is probably the better option as it will release a hundred and thirtyfive points towards assault marines

Thanks again for the advice, appreciated

lowdog
10-14-2010, 09:40 AM
If you are taking Assault Marines with Jump Packs, you could swap out that terminator armor on your Librarian for a Jump Pack, and have him roll with the assault marines. My suggestion then is the Sword power for STr 10 and the shield power so you can give his squad and any nearby vehicles a cover save. However blood lance or the morale reducing power would also be good options.

Duncndisorderly
10-18-2010, 03:30 AM
So i've taken onboard some good advice and this is the rejigged list:

HQ
Librarian in with Jump Pack and storm bolter 128pts

Elites
Furioso Dread with twin Blood Claws and Heavy flamer 135pts

Furioso Dread with twin Blood Claws 125pts

Sternguard Squad with Powerfist and combi melta 155pts

Razorback Transport including twin linked autocannon , siege shiled and HK missile 110pts

Heavy

Vindicatorwith HK Missile and siege shield 160pts

Devastator Squad including 2 missilie lauchers, 1 heavy bolter, 1 lascannon and 2 additional marines (Meatshield) 177pts

Troops

Ten man tactical squads with a powerfist for seargant
also carry a lascannon and flamer

Rhino Transport HK missile and dozer blade 65pts

Ten man Assault squad with meltagun infernus pistol and powerfist 240pts

1500pts total

Any further comments or suggestions welcome and appreciated