PDA

View Full Version : Abbadon's Armored Army - 2000

w7west
10-13-2010, 08:06 PM
What a wonderful way we weave this web of woe - army name and this gem taken from Abbadon's rhyme collections.

Alright sorry about that lets get to the good stuff:

HQ:

Abbadon

Elite:

4 Termie ( 2 x combimelta )
- Land Raider ( Possessed )

Troop:

1 x
5 CSM ( champ, power sword, combimelta, melta )
- Rhino ( combiplasma )

3 x
5 CSM ( melta )
- Rhino ( combiplasma )

2 x
5 CSM ( champ, fist, combimelta, melta )
- Rhino ( combiplasma )

Fast: Nothing fast about it!

Heavy:

3 x
Vindicator ( Possessed )

What do ya think?? This list should be fun as hell to play with and pretty scary to go against.

DrBored
10-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Honestly I think there's some fat you can trim here.

Step 1: Drop two of the:
3 x
5 CSM ( melta )
- Rhino ( combiplasma )

And replace it with:
1x
10 CSM (x2 Melta, Champ w/P. Fist)
-Rhino (combiplasma)

Step 2: Beef up the Terminators

Add at least one Chainfist and a Heavy Flamer. One model with dual Lightning Claws wouldn't hurt either. Terminators assaulting out of a Land Raider need to have choppy weapons. Power Weapons just don't take down the IC's that you need to hack and slash.

Connjurus
10-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Power weapons don't. Abaddon does. With ease.

DrBored
10-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Power weapons don't. Abaddon does. With ease.

Then what's the point of taking the Terminators? They're already expensive killy things, may as well give them a few more uprades other than one-off shooty things to make them even more killy. After all, never know when you'll have to try to wade through a Gazgkhull Thraka warband unit.

w7west
10-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Then what's the point of taking the Terminators? They're already expensive killy things, may as well give them a few more uprades other than one-off shooty things to make them even more killy. After all, never know when you'll have to try to wade through a Gazgkhull Thraka warband unit.

The termies primary function is to provide Abbadon with 4 more 2+/5+ wounds. Abbadon will crush squads by himself, the termies simply help open up vehicles and make it very hard to actually do any damage to Abby.

The 5 man melta rhino squads are simply scoring, antitank, plasmarhino, decent cc. For 125 points this is very cost effective. At 2k points, 10 man squads would mean I would lose some of my armor, which is what the list is all about!

Everything is so damned hard to kill / stop. With everything moving 12, front armor popping smoke, rest behind for cover, I can alternate on next movement and suddenly you have 6 rhinos, 3 vindicators, and abby in a landraider right in your face... OUCH!!!