PDA

View Full Version : 1950 RTT Chaos Marines - Critique needed!

DrBored
10-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Here's my list. A bit of 'surprise!' with a bit of cheese.

HQ - Lucius the Eternal

HQ - Chaos Sorc w/Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission, Personal Icon

TR - Plague Marines (7)
-Champ w/P. Fist, x2 Plasma Guns, Rhino w/Havoc Launcher

TR - Plague Marines (7)
-Champ w/P. Fist, x2 Plasma Guns, Rhino w/Havoc Launcher

TR - Noise Marines (8)
-Champ w/P. Fist, Doom Siren, x2 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster, Rhino w/Combi-Melta

TR - Noise Marines (8)
-Champ w/P. Fist, Doom Siren, x2 Sonic Blasters, Blastmaster, Rhino w/Combi-Melta

HV - Obliterators (2)

HV - Obliterators (2)

HV - Obliterators (2)

Total: 1947

What do you guys think? The idea is to charge forward with the Noise Marines and hold the Plague Marines back on Objectives or to protect my side of the board. I'll probably deploy two Oblit squads at the start in cover and create a nice killzone, and drop the last one near the Noise Marines after they've charged forward a bit to help kill some stuff that needs to be killed. Both Lucius and the Sorc have the Personal Icon so that should be relatively easy to pull off.

Thoughts? Comments? Changes?

DrBored
10-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Really? No Chaos vets to lend a brother a hand?

lowdog
10-15-2010, 05:39 AM
Looks solid. Why not charge forward with the Plague Marines and sit back with the noise marines though? The forward objective takers I would figure would draw more fire, meaning the tougher Plague Marines would survive longer, and all that plasma would benefit from Rapid Fire short range.

JxKxR
10-15-2010, 10:15 AM
I can't help but think you could lose one squad of oblits and take a Defiler 72" Large blast AP3 is just so usefull especially when the opponent try to hide behind tanks.

Kevlarshark
10-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Why not charge forward with the Plague Marines and sit back with the noise marines though? The forward objective takers I would figure would draw more fire, meaning the tougher Plague Marines would survive longer, and all that plasma would benefit from Rapid Fire short range.

I agree, but swap the rhinos so the havoc launchers sit back and the melta/combi is on the rush.

Is 1950 not an odd points value?

DrBored
10-15-2010, 06:49 PM
I can't help but think you could lose one squad of oblits and take a Defiler 72" Large blast AP3 is just so usefull especially when the opponent try to hide behind tanks.

The Defiler isn't really built to sit back and shoot an unreliable template. At BS3, the template often scatters way off target, and often times right off the table. Defilers need to be charged forward.

If I was taking a list with two Daemon Princes, then I'd probably take a Defiler as well, but alone in this list the Defiler would draw anti-tank fire really quickly and go down.

Also yeah, 1950 is kind of odd, but my FLGS likes to shake things up. Sometimes they do team 2500 games, sometimes they do standards 1850 games, sometimes they do other things, but it follows the standard RTT format. Their main goal is to shake up the list values so that there's not ALWAYS one player coming in and winning all the time. Changing up the points values and teams allows different players different chances to alter their army to whatever advantage they can find.

Lastly, the only problem with charging the Plague Marines forward is that the Noise Marines would suffer from not being in close combat. I could charge the /entire/ army forward and be just fine, but the Doom Sirens and Power Fists, and higher initiative, lend themselves to assault more than shooting. It's a strategy I'll certainly consider depending on my opponent, though.