PDA

View Full Version : IG Special Characters

Rissan4ever
10-14-2010, 09:57 AM
I have crafted some rules for my own special characters for my Imperial Guard army. Obviously, I will never use these without my opponent's permission, and they're only for non-tourney games.

Maj. Kelly (30 pts., upgrade for Company Command Squad, replaces Company Commander)
Kelly is inspired by Clint Eastwood's character in the film Kelly's Heroes. He has a shotgun because the model for him has one.
Co. Commander statline
Wargear: Flak Armor, Refractor Field, Shotgun, Frag Grenades
Special:
Senior Officer - Same access to orders as normal Company Commander
The Man With the Plan - Maj. Kelly always has a plan. He can give 3 orders per turn.

Big Joe (30, upgrade for Veteran Squad, replaces Vet. Sgt.)
Big Joe is inspired by Telly Savalas's character in Kelly's Heroes. He has a bolter and power weapon because that's what the model has.
Vet. Sgt. statline
Wargear: Flak Armor, Power Weapon, Bolter, Frag and Krak Grenades
Special:
Tough as Nails - Big Joe has seen the worst and lived through it. He has the Feel No Pain USR.

Action Jack (30, upgrade for Veteran Squad, replaces Vet. Sgt.)
Action Jack is based on an old roleplaying character of mine. Jack was always crazy and impetuous, but somehow managed to survive.
Vet. Sgt. Statline
Wargear: Laspistol, Power Weapon, Flak Armor, Frag and Krak Grenades
Special:
Action-Packed! - Action Jack always leaps into the fray, heedless of danger. He has the Furious Charge USR and confers it to his squad. However, he is impetuous to a fault. At the beginning of his Movement Phase, if there is an assault occurring within 12" of Action Jack, he and his squad must move toward the enemy unit in the assault by the shortest route possible and must assault the enemy if possible.
Lucky - Action Jack has lived through many things that should have killed him. His 5+ armor save is invulnerable.

What do you guys think? Are they over/under-priced? Any suggestions or critiques?

heretic marine
02-11-2011, 11:03 AM
lol Kelly hero's funny movie
now on to the guys kelly needs a bit more points a normal company commander with power sword is 36 pts now your guy has a shotgun too which should not change much but he can issue 3 orders per turn he needs to be around 15 points more
big Joe a normal veteran sarge with bolt pistol and power sword is 19 pts now you guy has a bolter fill no pain and frag and krak grenades he needs a minor change to pts
action jack a normal veteran sarge power sword is 17 pts now you guy has a power sword, las pistol, Furious Charge and a 5+ invulnerable save he to be more expensive then joe but still a miner pts change

hope this helps

Rissan4ever
02-11-2011, 11:06 AM
lol Kelly hero's funny movie
now on to the guys kelly needs a bit more points a normal company commander with power sword is 36 pts now your guy has a shotgun too which should not change much but he can issue 3 orders per turn he needs to be around 15 points more
big Joe a normal veteran sarge with bolt pistol and power sword is 19 pts now you guy has a bolter fill no pain and frag and krak grenades he needs a minor change to pts
action jack a normal veteran sarge power sword is 17 pts now you guy has a power sword, las pistol, Furious Charge and a 5+ invulnerable save he to be more expensive then joe but still a miner pts change

hope this helps

I think you're misunderstanding my point values. They're in addition to the normal cost for the characters that are being replaced, not instead of. Also, how did you figure out the points for those normal veteran sergeants and such? In the codex, they're included in the points for the squad.

heretic marine
02-11-2011, 06:30 PM
oh ok i used army builder