PDA

View Full Version : 1500 SM Biker army

mcl
08-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't play competitively and this list is for the fun of having loads of bikes on the table rather than any pretence of being a tournament bully!

I want mobility!

Captain [KOR’SARRO KHAN equivalent]

Chaplain [Combi-flamer, bike]

TROOPS (6)

(1) Squad: Rhino & Standard Squad (10)
(2) Squad: LC Razorback & Combat Squad (5)
(3) Squad: HB Razorback & Combat Squad (5)

(4) Bike Squad: 6 Bikes [2 melta, SGT PW & melta Bombs] & Attack Bike [MM]
(5) Bike Squad: 7 Bikes [2 flamers, SGT PF & melta Bombs]
(6) Bike Squad: 6 Bikes [2 plasma, SGT PW & melta Bombs] & Attack Bike [HB]

(19 bikes and 2 Attack Bikes - 21 total)

The 7 bike unit is for those occasions when an assault is doable and will be accompanied by the Chaplain for extra crunch. I fancy catching units in enfilade with the flamers - followed by an assault to clean up.

Is it worth adding a MM as the Standard squads heavy weapon? Or stick with the versatile ML?

Your thoughts on this fun list are most welcome!

Chumbalaya
08-21-2009, 02:39 PM
If you want bikes, go all bikes. Adding a Rhino and 2 Razors isn't enough armor to survive and reduces your bike count.

Bikes don't win combats, Command Squads do. LCs or TH, storm shields and meltas on everybody. They make Nob bikers cry. Take 2 and nobody will like you ;)

Bikes should be geared for melta with attack bike.

Speeders with MM/HF or Attack Bikes are good and flexible units.

mcl
08-21-2009, 02:56 PM
As it happens, I have six speeders in the works...

All or nothing eh? Interesting. I am not allergic to more bikes - in fact I positively like your thinking. I have another six not yet counted for... I will confess a hankering for a Command Squad bike unit all dressed to kill. I do believe I have the bitz for it. Including a few TH.

Oh dear - you have me thinking again! GAH! How easy is it to convert Terminator Storm Shields? I am going to have to investigate...

I will have a total of seven attack bikes as well. My list thus far includes two. Worthy taking as cheaper Fast Attack options?

Chumbalaya
08-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Sure, speedy and lotsa dakka. What's not to like?

mcl
08-23-2009, 01:26 PM
What indeed.

It took me six months to put together the components for this army and to make it ALL bike I am short of 6 bikes.

I quite like the idea of an all bike list and dropping the Rhino/Razorbacks & foot-sloggers. I can add a command squad on bikes and another six bike troop unit in place of the mech units. Actually, I like this idea lots. All I need is another £50 :-/

GreenMarines
08-24-2009, 07:19 AM
I won't take plasma on bikes. It's not fun to see your bike die because of overheat - to expensive.

Like Chumbalaya said I would take speeder for more daka and drop the Rhino and Razorback squads for more bikes.

mcl
09-12-2009, 09:28 AM
I have a revised list that is all bikes. But I like plasma - despite the risks.

I will post up the list in due course. And some pics. I finished assembling the bikes, now to paint them. Its almost a year since I started buying the kits... :o They sat around for ages. :/

40k Addict
09-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I found that if you just do two-four pieces of armor, it will get massacred, with most modern armies geared towards mech. Instead, bikes, with T5 are very hard to kill, but still die to said anti-tank weapons. Therefore you have three options.
1. Give everyone an invulnerable save (Librarian, ST, speed)
2. Have enough bikes in a small enough area that yor oponent cannot mass his fire power, ala Saim Hann
3. Don't go near the enemy. Wait until Assault, or T5+ to go nearby. With 24" last turn move, most objectives are in range.

So my result is a hammer to the face style. I take a small group of TH/SS Terminators, a Command squad, and a Drop Poded Dreadnought, and a Tactical Squad in Drop Pod.
The Tac Squad comes in T1, wherever, to cause a distraction and hold objectives. My Command squad sets up for a charge, with another bike squad shielding it. Once the Terminators or Dreadnought come in, the Command squad also hits, rolling up the oponents line. All Bike squads have 4 bikes, with two meltas, a Power Weapon, and an Attack bike with Multi-Melta.

My current list is below, but as I don’t have the codex with my, I would love some input, especially on the Ironclad, as I don’t know the points. In addition, I am thinking of dropping the Power Weapons on the Sergeants and instead giving them to the command squad, but that might be overkill, leaving me in the open after assaults. Otherwise the 45 points can be used elsewhere. Advice would be greatly appreciated (as would comments!)

Captain, Power Weapon, Bike=150
Command Squad, Bikes, Champion, Apothacary=220
4 Bikes, 2 Melta Guns, MultiMelta Attack Bike=185
10 Tactical Marines, Flamer, Multi-Melta, Drop Pod=205

5 Terminators, 4 TH/SS, 1LC/LC=200
1 Ironclad w/ Default options (?), Drop Pod=170
leaving me exactly at 1500!