PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf query

Farseer Uthiliesh
10-15-2010, 04:22 AM
The other night I fought a 750 point battle with Dark Elfs against Wood Elfs. I fielded 20 Corsairs, 20 Spearmen with a flaming standard, 6 Cold One knights with a general mounted on cold one. The wood elfs had 20 glade guard (with spellsinger), 16 Dryads (with Branchwraith) and a Treeman. I was absolutely slaughtered within two turns. Now, I found out right after the battle, when I checked Army Builder, that the WE list was not legit as you cannot field a treeman at 750pts. However, what I am curious about is that my opponent claimed his treeman and dryads are stubborn and immune to psychology, so they only take break tests at unmodified leadership. Following some checking, it appears this is not the case. Which is frustrating because I won Corsairs vs Dryads by 5 pts, which means the dryads would have tested LD at 3 or less.

I do not think my opponent was cheating, as he is not used to 8th ed Warhammer. But I need to know if he is wrong, because he is winning every single battle (WoC and DEs) so far.

Mazelf
10-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Hey! well, treemen ARE stubborn but he was fielded illegaly as the rare unit points allowance in a 750 pt game is 187.5.

Both the treeman and dryad units are ItP, however dryads are not stubborn, maybe he was using the steadfast rule? (altho I dont know how it applies to skirmishers)...

so yeah, he´s wrong

Albavar
10-15-2010, 10:33 AM
If they were in a forest, then, as skirmishers, they gain either steadfast or stubborn. Don't remember which.

Farseer Uthiliesh
10-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks Mazelf and Albavar. No, the dryads weren't in a forest. And as I understand it, Dryads will never become steadfast due to not benefitting from ranks.