PDA

View Full Version : 2500 High Elves - first draft

themonad
10-15-2010, 03:37 PM
This is my first stab at making a workable 2500 pt high elf list. recently our group here has taken the fantasy plunge and im lagging behind in my learning process. having only one real game under my belt, with a mish mash of HE units, im thinking that this will be a good foundation to an all comers list. we dont tailor lists and never know scenario before hand, so i think itll give me a solid chance at whatever comes my way. Feel free to rip it apart, just do so with constructive criticism. I do feel like i'm throwing too many points into not enough of a foot print, so maybe thats its biggest weakness.
[oh yeah, im avoiding special chars for beardiness. other wise id kill the two lords and just take teclis all the time, freeing up a hundred or so points]

2500 pts HE

Lords:
Archmage [life] lvl 4+talisman of protection 305
Prince + armor of caledor, vambraces, ring of corin, halberd 256

Heroes:
Noble on eagle + lance, shield, dragon armor 147
Noble on eagle + lance, shield, dragon armor 147
Noble BSB, armor of dest, shield 162

Core:
20 LSG +shields, full command 285
25 LSG +shields, /w musician, standard 340

Special:
18 phoenix guard /w full command + banner o' sorcery 350
14 swordmasters 210
5 ellyrians 85
5 ellyrians 85
8x shadow warriors 128

2500 on the dot.

the two eagle nobles, ellyrians, and shadow warriors are to harass, flank, annoy, blow up machines, etc. if they're shooting at my MSU stuff, my base will walk the battlefield and say hey. if they dont, they are enough to annoy and disrupt, and flank charge when my core hits. the PG are to be my base, swordmasters to nom on w/e. i dunno, i still think ive got too many points tied up in wargear and not enough bodies, i could drop alot of magic items etc and free up nearly 300 points, and play around with different stuff, but really i guess i just need to know my glaring weaknesses that im too inexperienced to see.

Tyrsday
10-21-2010, 09:37 AM
I would say that your list seems a little vulnerable to challenges, like a Bret. Lord done up right could clean house w/ your characters and you lack really anything hard hitting at range so if you come across a heavier army in cc you're going to be a bit like a glass hammer. Sure you'll hit first and maybe make some kills, but when they strike back it's Elf Flambe' time! Assuming they're using flaming weapons, otherwise you just have undercooked elf.

Also I would figure out some way to stick a champion in the 2nd unit of LSG's. Effectively I would drop the Shadow Warriors and pick up a repeater bolt thrower and then with the points left over commands for a lot of things.