PDA

View Full Version : Space hulk sprues

hivemind
08-21-2009, 09:02 PM
40K Lovers,

I have held the mysterious box of Space Hulk in my hands today. Let me start off with OHHHH My shizznick it was awesome. First of all the whole package was well put together from the box to the books. Now to the real good stuff. I have photos of the sprues which were amazing if someone can contact me and let me know how to get these posted. I almost lost my ever loving synapse signal when I saw the Genestealers and the Broodlord. Folks lets just say I have three on reserve and will probably pick up two more some where.

I am a Tyranid at heart but I do own a Flesh Tearers Army so these Amazing Terminators will fit right in. Take a look and drool all over while the Shadow in the warp grows larger.

Tyranids coming to a world near you.

Xas
08-22-2009, 11:39 AM
I actually played a game today in the local GW. i'm not ordering 5 boxes but the one I preordered will be a good investion. the broodlord is a nice modell as are the terminators. the stealers are nice for the game but those which ARE more awesome than the regular stealers don't fit into regular 40k battles (simply because of extended szenery sculpts).

so it still is an (awesome) game + a new broodlord sculpt :)

and the game is fun! fast, intense, atmospheric and fun.

Valdore
08-22-2009, 01:13 PM
I'd second those comments by Xas, I played my first couple of games in-store today, and I nearly had sweat on my brow at some points as the marine player! I haven't played genestealers yet, but I plan to at some point.

The Broodlord does look much better in the plastic, he's not as small as he looks on GWs website. Other than that, I guess I'll just shove some pictures of what you don't want to see as a marine player up for you guys ;)

Clickable Thumbnails, two images, same but different angles of the Suicide mission, the genestealers kept drawing double 3s as their blips . . .:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/JCspeedy/D5000/th_Suicide1.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/JCspeedy/D5000/?action=view&current=Suicide1.jpg)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/JCspeedy/D5000/th_Suicide2.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/JCspeedy/D5000/?action=view&current=Suicide2.jpg)

Levitas
08-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Sweet, the terminators look awesome. But holding the models I was just wishing they hadnt made them so blood angel. The Librarian and sergeants are of particular interest, but all have great poses and stunning detail.

I also really like the fluff for each individual marine, so some of the bias towards BA and the original can be forgiven.

Parcival
08-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Can anybody comment on whether the game is playable with Terminators on regular 40K Terminator bases?

A friend of mine is going to sell the BA Terminators from his box to me, but he'd like to add his own DA Death Wing Terminators to the game. Does that work or are the cardboard tiles to small to fit them onto?

Psyberwolfe
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
You could play this with your own terminators but the 40mm base is a bit large. John Shaek was showing us at BoLS Con how to magnetize the base for 40K so you could pop them off when you were playing Space Hulk.

Herald of Nurgle
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Nice! Thanks for the pics

I'm hoping on getting 1 next month, and also one for XMAs. Kthx

HellBane
08-24-2009, 01:00 PM
You could play this with your own terminators but the 40mm base is a bit large. John Shaek was showing us at BoLS Con how to magnetize the base for 40K so you could pop them off when you were playing Space Hulk.

Think you could make a post about how he recommended it?

Snarf
08-25-2009, 11:40 AM
I hope to have mine by the weekend... the local shop (800 km away ) says they are in SA but due to the national post office strike we might have a delay.... So hold thumbs.

billytwix
09-01-2009, 01:32 PM
my buddy has his on order! yessssss

can't wait to get some games in

pissclams
09-01-2009, 03:04 PM
just opened mine and im totally impressed

wooja016
09-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Got my space hulk early and was really impressed, I think I will have to collect some Blood Angels now with those awesome sculpts.

Drunken Friar
09-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm really looking forward to getting my copy of space hulk. One of my friends has an old copy of the game and we have been playing it for a week while we wait for our copies.

miteyheroes
09-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Anyone in the UK got it yet?

Also, shouldn't BOLS have a special Space Hulk forum? There's forums for all the other GW games...