PDA

View Full Version : Primarchs Wargear

Grailkeeper
10-18-2010, 05:07 AM
I for one was surprised when The Horus Heresy series made the Primarchs into giants. I had always imagined they were roughly the same size as a marine. In a Thousand Sons Graham Macneill seems to try and get around it by saying that they are normal sized but can appear to be larger or can grow thanks to a mix of Force of personality/some form of pyschic ability.

I was wondering if the internetz could help me list all of the wargear that was actually used by the primarchs that is represented in Miniature form

Ones that strike me off hand are
The Talon of Horus,(Abaddon)
The Lion helm (Azrael and the little keeper in the dark)
The gauntlets of Ultramar (Marneus Calgar) -These were captured off a chaos champion but were used by Gulliman.

Possibly Dantes mask may count but that seems to have changed from being sanguiniuses dath mask, to being made from his death mask.

There are also a load of other artifacts made by primarchs, but it could be argued that they were made for humans or for someone other than a primarch- feel free to list any of these if you can.

I'm sure you can think of a few I've missed- possibly space wolves- Off you go.

Mal
10-18-2010, 05:32 AM
If you can find the old rules for him then cypher has the lions sword.

Erasmus of Baal
10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Also, the Salamanders character, He'Stan, has three weapons supposedly from the Primarch: the Spear of Vulkan, Kesare's Mantle, and the Gauntlets of the Forge. I don't have the C:SM, so I could be wrong, but that's all that I can think of.

Actually, come to think of it, aren't Marneus Calgar's gloves somehow related to Guilliman? I have almost no idea on this one, but I think I heard of a connection somewhere.

Grailkeeper
10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I think -wide open to correction here- that vulkans gear (along with hammer of dorn) was made by a primarch rather than used by a primarch.

Looking through lexicanum has turned up The wolf helm of Russ worn by Ulrik the Slayer

Are there any more out there- possibly space wolves or blood angels?

LemanRussCommander
10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Are there any more out there- possibly space wolves or blood angels?

The Spear of Russ, although he really didnt use it, it was gifted to him

Grailkeeper
10-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Did they make a model for the spear of Russ? I Think I heard of a diorama with maddox and Ragnar

LemanRussCommander
10-18-2010, 02:57 PM
not sure about that, but i also know of another Primarch item, somethin to do with the Roberte some sacred artifact that was almost lost to the eldar but i can't remember what it was, i think its in the codex though

Grailkeeper
10-18-2010, 03:10 PM
There's dozens of primarch related artifacts in the fluff, just pick holy relic for your marine force and you can invent your own.

I'm looking for specific relics used or preferably worn by Primarchs that have been modelled by Games workshop.

Thanks for the help tho

Force21
10-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Hmmmm... I think The Raven's Talons were made by Corax some time after the Isstvan V massacre...

I am not sure tho....

Oh & Dorn's Arrow on Pedro Kantor

cobra6
10-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Gorechild, the axe of Kharn the Betrayer, was one of two chainaxes used by Angron (the other was "Gorefather.") -Battle of the Abyss

I get the impression that the Primarchs are not really "giants" compared to the other Astartes. In "Legion" Alpharius and Omegon are initially taken by other humans as just some jumbo-sized Marines, rather than towering freaks.

Thorsson
10-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Back in the days of yore Games Workshop actually made a Leman Russ model accompanied by Freki and Geri.

Ulrik the Slayer has the Wolf Helm of Russ and the Spear of Russ resides on the planet Garm(It's not on any model).

The Sword of the High Marshals-Gifted to each new High Marshal is said to contain fragments of the weapon Rogal Dorn used when he boarded Horus' batlle barge. Carried by High Marshal Helbrecht.

The Book of Magnus is possibly on Arhiman's model.

The Ravens Talons are carried by Captain Shrike. Crafted by Corax

Pretty much all the others have been stated in the previous posts. Hope that helps! :)

Grailkeeper
10-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Cheers for all the help so far guys.

Just remembered- Lucius sword was used by fulgrim

The Lyzer
10-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Spear of Telesto. Sanguinius personal weapon not sure if he crafted it himself