PDA

View Full Version : My New Ork Army

blackarmchair
10-18-2010, 09:42 AM
So, I've always been enticed to start an Ork army and I came into some money lately so I've began.

Below is my list. I think I want to do the battlewagon thing, it's cool and semi-competitive.

What does everyone think of the list? I'm just looking for general suggestions.

Thanks!

+ Big Mek [90] (rides with 'ard boyz, doesn't leave wagon)
- Kombi-Skorcha, Kustom Force Field

+ Meganobz [220]
- 5x Meganobz; 4x Kombi-Skorcha
+ Battlewagon [140]
- Deff Rolla, Red Paint Job, Armour Plates, 1x Kannon

+ Ork Boyz [165] (each of these squads gets a wagon)
- 1x Nob with Power Klaw, Bosspole & 'Eavy Armour
- 19x Shoota Boyz

+ Ork Boyz [165]
- 19x Shoota Boyz

+ 'Ard Boyz [150]
- 1x 'Ard Nob with Power Klaw & Bosspole
- 10x 'Ard Boyz

+ Ork Boyz [235] (footschlogs behind)
- 29x Shoota Boyz; 2x Big Shoota

+ Deff Dread [95] (big distraction target)
- 2x Skorchas, 2x Dreadnought Close-Combat Weapons, Armour Plates

+ Deffkoptas [160] (outflankers try to shoot but armor or tie up heavy weapons teams)
- 2x Deffkoptas with Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas
- 1x Deffkoptas with Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas & Buzzsaw

+ Deffkoptas [135]
- 3x Deffkoptas with Twin-Linked Rokkit Launchas

+ Battlewagon [185]
- Deff Rolla, Red Paint Job, Armour Plates, 1x Killkannon

+ Battlewagon [130]
- Deff Rolla, Red Paint Job, Armour Plates, 1x Big Shoota

+ Battlewagon [130]
- Deff Rolla, Red Paint Job, Armour Plates, 1x Big Shoota

Total: 2000

Mal
10-18-2010, 09:58 AM
If the big mek doesn't leave the wagon how do you plan on getting the 'ard boys out?

Characters may join/leave a unit at the start of the movement phase IIRC, this means that while they are embarked you'll essentially have 2 units in the wagon at the same time, and this is not allowed.

I may have that rule wrong (been a while since i've needed to check it), but im pretty sure my memory serves me well here.

blackarmchair
10-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Well you're right and wrong.

The rulebook says that an independent character may join or leave a unit during the movement phase.

The Big Mek will begin the game embarked in the transport as part of the 'Ard Boyz squad. When I need the boyz to hop out they will do so in the movement phase. In this same phase the Big Mek will break away from the squad and stay inside the transport.

That's the rules as I understand them and have seen them played. I do believe that RAW you may have to disembark the character and move him out of coherency then back into the transport. I'm not sure, I've never looked it up. If someone really wanted to call me on it I suppose I'd hop out behind the wagon and wave my fist at him/her angrily :)

So yeah...that's what's happening there.

Any ideas or comments regarding the list itself?

Mal
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeah I think your going to have to disembark to split the unit as you can't do it in the transport, but then your stuck as you cannot embark and disembark (or visa versa) in the same turn.

Its a nice idea, and the trukk will still get the field effect (within 6" of the mek iirc).

As to the rest of the list I do like the mass of deff rollas... they are truely nasty in 40k.. the only effective troop killing ram avaliable in the game.

I'd probally drop the meganobz, and take a unit of nobz with a cheap warboss, throw in some big choppas to get S6 on the charge, even without power weapons you'll be wounding marines on a 2+ and you can throw in a pain boy cheaply for fnp for the whole unit.

I take it the deff dread will count as troop via the bigmek? combine that with the nobz as troops from their warboss and you've got 6 troop choices there...

Mal
10-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Well got some good news for ya, check p.67 of the BRB, top right text block... it states that an IC may disembark seperately from the unit in the transport. So while it doesn't say you can do the reverse and have the unit disembark and leave the IC in the transport, anyone giving you greif for doing this needs a slap.

Flammenwerfer13
10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Its a matter of interpretation for the RAW. There are no hard rules governing IC's and embarking/disembarking with or without a unit. You can just as well say that the IC elects to stay in the vehicle when the squad disembarks as this is the movement phase and the unit is technically splitting at the time of disembarking. There is no requirement for the IC is disembark if you choose to separate them. While there are no RAW for this problem you can imply RAI in this case since it makes no sense to have to disembark the whole squad to allow you separate them from the IC and vice versa in game play terms.

blackarmchair
10-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Exactly right. RAW it's one way but logic dictates another....

Can we talk about the list please? :(