PDA

View Full Version : Empire Gerenal Wargear

pughball
10-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I've been wondering what he best wargear is for a mounted empire general. I'm trying to avoid using a lance as their only good for charging. Any help?:)

KriegXXIX
10-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Try Sword of Power, Holy Relic, The Other Tricksters Shard. Gives him S6, 1+/4+ saves and forces the other guy to reroll wardsaves. Probably would work better on a Templar Grandmaster.

pughball
10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
I was thinking of running a templar grandmaster with 10 knights for a flanking role, with my mounted general reinforcing my statetroop line, so the extra strength would be very useful

HawaiiMatt
10-21-2010, 12:38 PM
IMO, the leadership a 90 point general gives you is too important to risk him fighting.
I'd give him the 6+ ward save & autopass characteristic tests, and dump him in a small unit of swordsmen safely behind the main battle line. You can even throw the +1 Ld banner into the unit, and for a grand total of 105 points + another 100 or so for the unit, and you have your Ld10 general.
This should leave you with enough points to run additional fighting lords/captains that won't give up an extra 100 points when killed.

-Matt

mynameisgrax
10-22-2010, 08:51 AM
Regardless of what army you're playing as, characters generally fulfill one or more of five purposes:

1. Leadership bubble

2. Magic

3. Absorbing damage

4. Tipping close combats in your favor

5. Killing other characters

Cavalry aren't very good for holding 1-2, and since they usually go after small units or attempt flank charges, 5 doesn't come up that much. That leaves 'absorbing damage' and 'tipping combats in your favor'. As a result, the best equipment would probably be ones that give you a very good armor save, a ward save of some sort, and a weapon that gives them the ability to kill units that the rest of your unit isn't good at defeating. A great weapon, or something to that effect, would probably be best.