PDA

View Full Version : 1850 Dark Eldar List - Bring the Pain!

Ahrimaneus
10-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Been to put together the kind of DE List I'd like to aim for when I start purchasing models. Now I'm also a firm believer that nearly every single unit in this Codex is worth taking, but based on what models are coming out and what I think looks cool/want to buy/want to play with: this is what I've come up with:

HQ
Azdrubael Vect - 240

Haemonculus Ancient w/Flesh Gauntlet, Crucible of Malediction - 120

Haemonculus w/Hex Rifle - 65

Haemonculus w/Hex Rifle - 65

TROOPS

9x Wyches, Hekatrix w/Agonizer - 120
9x Wyches, Hekatrix w/Agonizer - 120

2x Raider w/Flickerfield, Nightshields, Shock Prow, Aethersails, Tormentor Grenade Launchers - 95 each

10x Warriors w/Dark Lance - 125
10x Warriors w/Dark Lance - 125

2x Raider w/Flickerfield, Nightshields, Tormentor Grenade Launchers - 85 each

Could also run the warriors with Blaster + Splinter Cannon for the same points. We'll see.

ELITES
6x Incubi, Klaivex w/Demiklaives, Onslaught - 179
Raider w/Flickerfield, Nightshields, Shock Prow, Aethersails, Tormentor Grenade Launcher - 95

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager w/3 Dark Lances, Flickerfield, Nightshield - 125

TOTAL: 1849

Haemonculus Ancient and Vect both run with the Incubi to grant them FNP, Vect badassery, and the CoM to scare some psykers. Also, according to my post on BoLS, the TGL STACK! So I could feasibly probably get -3 on a character by getting 3 raiders within 6 inches and make him Ld check on 7 or get pwned.

Haemonculi w/hex rifles ride with the wyches to give them FNP. Necessary if I want to ram with them as 4.1 die if i explode without a haemonculus whereas only 1 dies with a possible wound on the haemonculus if he's in there. Also, Hex rifle is cool to have in this unit if I wanna sit back and shoot instead of in your face assault. Oh, and the hex rifle is Assault 1 Sniper, Wounds test if wounded or REMOVE FROM PLAY. Dear Greater Daemon/Daemon Prince: Goodbye.

Warriors/Ravagers are more for sitting back and shooting their DL's. Poppin tanks so the 3 CC units can get at the moist insides. Not sold on the DL for the warriors cuz can't move and shoot but if i'm only moving 6" and shooting an 18" blaster thats kinda meh. Might as well stay still with 36" range huh? Idk we'll see.

Lots of adaptive styles of play for this list too. Sit back and snipe away to start and nuder my opponent and assault where I want to, can ram 1st turn for a possible 1st turn assault with all 3 CC units. Could possibly move in for some psyker nudering if necessary in the case Eldrad or Mephiston is running around. Very excite.

So what are your thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Cautions? Hugs and gropings as Brent likes to say?

Much appreciated!

Mal
10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Its an interesting list... lots of flavour in there.

I don't think that this is going to be a particularly strong build, but then I get the feeling thats not what your mainly looking for, I do think that this list would be a lot of fun to mess about with.

I'd suggest throwing one gladatorial weapon on the wyches (since they are 9 strong units you can only take 1 upgrade per unit), probally the hydra gauntlets or the shardnet and impaler, but the shardnet is more useful against characters than troops.