PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Chaos Daemon Prince

Darkseer
08-22-2009, 01:00 AM
I know you're not supposed to ask questions in a rumours section, but this model was shown months ago, has appeared in the Planetstrike book and still nothing.

Does anyone know when it's released? I need 2 of them!

zann
08-26-2009, 05:04 PM
the 2nd wave of deamons is sopsed to come out soon not shure of date but its going to have the deamon prince and plastic nurgle kits

Lord Anubis
08-26-2009, 06:48 PM
And then, sometime in 2013, the plastic Horrors.

Just in time to rewrite the rules for the forces of Chaos and make them fun to play again... :p

oni
08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
has appeared in the Planetstrike book

I believe that was confirmed as a conversion some time ago.

Exitus Acta Probat
08-26-2009, 09:43 PM
And then, sometime in 2013, the plastic Horrors.

Just in time to rewrite the rules for the forces of Chaos and make them fun to play again... :p

not before they figure out how to ruin the best daemon models....that's what's taking them so much time! ;)

person person
08-26-2009, 10:09 PM
the 2nd wave of deamons is sopsed to come out soon not shure of date but its going to have the deamon prince and plastic nurgle kits

Thats what I heard.

entendre_entendre
08-27-2009, 01:04 AM
as long as the prince is fully customizable, has wings, & doesn't have a stupid grin on his face, I am stoked
i know it has wings in the kit BTW...

DuskRaider
08-27-2009, 10:03 AM
I've heard a lot of doubt about Plaguebearers/Nurglings being made into plastic, at least on Warseer.

Herald of Nurgle
08-27-2009, 02:48 PM
If you look closely, you'll notice that plastic Horrors and Plaguebearers have actually been out for months.

Look closely.

DuskRaider
08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Look closely? Where??

VinceBlack
08-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Check the GW website hes called Belakor

j-orge-287
08-28-2009, 03:02 AM
GW often display things a long time in advance-in the 40k rulebook if you look at the battlefields section there is the plastic bastion and defence lines which came out a year later. So it wouldn't surprise me if we have to wait. Either way I still want to convert one for Angron who is shown (as a picture and short story) in the August 2008 issue of white dwarf.

DuskRaider
08-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Well, Herald said we've seen the plastic PBs and Horrors before, I just don't know where. And Belakor has nothing to do with the new DP.

oni
08-28-2009, 01:14 PM
GW often display things a long time in advance

QFT

I just noticed the other day that the big pic on the back of the new IG codex blatantly displays the new battlescape. How many months was that codex out before we ever got a hint that the battlescpape was coming?

Katie Drake
08-28-2009, 02:47 PM
QFT

I just noticed the other day that the big pic on the back of the new IG codex blatantly displays the new battlescape. How many months was that codex out before we ever got a hint that the battlescpape was coming?

That's nothing. Look in the 5th edition rulebook and check out the section on buildings. You can clearly see Planetstrike Bastions and such, meaning they've been sitting on Planetstrike terrain for ages. God knows how long they've had the plastic Daemon Prince ready to go.

Lord Anubis
08-28-2009, 06:15 PM
I've been waiting for that Space Marine statue that showed up in several places, with the shield and the sword. They've shown too many versions of it (bronze, stone, broken) for it to be a one-off piece.

Bobx66
08-28-2009, 06:56 PM
I've been waiting for that Space Marine statue that showed up in several places, with the shield and the sword. They've shown too many versions of it (bronze, stone, broken) for it to be a one-off piece.

Those are actually "3 ups" of the model and are a pre production 3d model used to do touchups before re-scanning into the computer. Highly doubtful that they will produce that as it has been shown since 2007.

Lord Anubis
08-29-2009, 01:55 AM
Hmmmm... Are you guessing about that or do you know? My original thought was that it was a 3-up, except... a 3-up of what?

It's a complete figure in a perfect-posture, non-dynamic pose. In fact, really the only thing it could be posed for is... well, to be a statue.

If it was a single piece of scenery, I could even buy that it was pieced together from multiple 3-ups. But there are at least four seperate ones I've seen in different photos.

xynoq
09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
i've seen some fairly amazing conversions taht could be either statues OR custom models...

MetalStorm4786
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
This is my first post here, hi all!

I wouldn't be shocked if the next wave of Daemons has been ready for a while. When you think about it, everything for new models has to be made, then marketing and sales needs to get thier stuff straightened out on top of everything else they have going on. So everything for a new kit could be done and collecting dust for months while the process gets bottlenecked someplace else. Such is business.

islyfe
09-01-2009, 03:31 PM
lol be'lakor

ersatzgnomes
09-01-2009, 04:09 PM
the new daemon prince looks pretty hideous if you ask me- I'll stick with my CSM ones since you shouldn't be playing one in fantasy anyhow =P

snikrot
09-01-2009, 04:30 PM
i just want my deamon princes

Contention
09-01-2009, 06:09 PM
A plastic prince would be amazing.

mysterex
09-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Look closely? Where??

Exactly, I've been wanting to replace the daemon squads in my CSM army for a while and have been hanging out for the plague bearers & nurglings

MetalStorm4786
09-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Even if the new plastic kit is ugly, it won't be the end of the world, it might have some cool bits for conversions in it. Plus even without the Plastic kit, you have the Standard Daemon Prince and Nurgle Prince from GW. You have Be'Lakor from WHFB which could be used as a Daemon Prince. Plus theres the two, albeit pricey, Daemon Princes from Forgeworld for Khorne and Nurgle.

I'm mainly excited for the new Plaguebearer/Nurgling Kit. I hope it's like Necron Warriors and you get 12 Warriors and 3 Scarabs, I'd settle for 10 Plaguebearers with Command Options plus nurglings. Seekers of Slaanesh would be nice too.