PDA

View Full Version : Hello Los Angeles!

RealGenius
07-29-2009, 09:59 AM
City of Angels, how I miss thee.

ChaosLord127
07-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Greetings! I don't live in LA, but I live about an hour away (if traffic is good... hahaha) Are you local?

RealGenius
07-31-2009, 06:52 PM
I went to UCLA and lived in Venice, West LA, Santa Monica and then Simi for about twelve years. And now I'm in Texas, somehow I landed in the Land of the Fly Lords.

Heck, an hour from LA could only be 5 miles away. :)

ChaosLord127
08-05-2009, 01:37 AM
I went to UCLA and lived in Venice, West LA, Santa Monica and then Simi for about twelve years. And now I'm in Texas, somehow I landed in the Land of the Fly Lords.

Heck, an hour from LA could only be 5 miles away. :)

Woo! Go Texas! And that is true. We once went through LA and sat in the same spot for 2 hours (somebody boo booed). Camarillo, Ventura County. It's right next to Oxnard.

twomas_rox
08-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Traffic might suck sometimes, but you cant beat the weather. I watch the news sometimes and feel bad the the weather is so crazy elsewhere and i am complainging because it is 91degrees outside. Plus with the beach, you always have somewhere to cool off.

RealGenius
08-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Woo! Go Texas! And that is true. We once went through LA and sat in the same spot for 2 hours (somebody boo booed). Camarillo, Ventura County. It's right next to Oxnard.

I know the area; I lived up there for a while. If I have a choice of sitting in traffic for 2 hours in Camarillo or sitting in traffic for 2 hours in 104 degree Central Texas weather... well, guess which one I'm picking.

Dia
09-06-2009, 09:38 PM
A relative of mine recently moved to Texas. Said it was so hot he had no choice but to cut his hair.

Makes me glad we have relatively mild seasons. Hurrah!

WereWolf_nr
09-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Hello from up here in Bakersfield. I can get to the Glendale store in about 2 hours so it isn't too far for me.